View Full Version : Diablo 3

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Justin2209
July 2nd, 2008, 09:46 AM
Is anyone else super excited or is it just me?

titangnome
July 2nd, 2008, 09:57 AM
Haha. Diablo 3! Yes and no. Diablo 2 was awesome. But if I lose another 10,000 hours of my life like I have on EVE, I will punch myself in the throat!

Dayne
July 2nd, 2008, 06:50 PM
I'm interested, but I'm not overly excited since there's a long time till we'll see it completed. But it has made me interested in playing a bit of Diablo II again,

JamesL
July 4th, 2008, 08:06 AM
I think it looks teh awesomes.

What struck me straight away was how it was distinctly Diablo, yet totally next-gen looking. I'm glad they've kept the same sort of perspective (floating sort of third-person perspective). I was a little worried they might try to take a similar approach to that used in WOW or Guild Wars, but they've clearly realised that to keep the Diablo flavour they needed to keep to the older style. It looks wonderful though. There are some videos that have been released, in case you've not seen them, and the gameplay looks great.

I'm looking forward to seeing what other character classes there are, only barbarian and witch doctor have been confirmed thus far...

Gildor
July 4th, 2008, 10:27 AM
The news for this came when I was playing through Diablo 2 again, which was odd.

Hmmm, months of my life will be disappearing when this comes out. Hurray!

Monty Mike
August 9th, 2008, 04:58 AM
Yeah, after all the years of talk they've finally announced it. I thought it would never happen (actually I knew it would). :p

Shame it's still such a long way off. I am slightly apprehensive in the same way titangnome is though: I can't afford for it to swallow another 10,000 hours of my life... and so far it's looking like it's gonna give me its best shot... :D

hell1991
August 9th, 2008, 10:16 AM
i'm really looking forward to it :D
the witch doctor looks pretty cool
although i'll miss my little army of skellies and golem (sp?) if they dont have the necromancer hehe

i'm really glad that from the looks of it, it seems like theyve changed it enough for it to be new and exciting and improved etc, but not so much that it doesnt feel like diablo anymore

:D *excitment*

does anyone know yet when its actually coming out?

Monty Mike
August 9th, 2008, 12:11 PM
does anyone know yet when its actually coming out?
I thought they were talking about late-2009? But these dates are always estimates.

Gkarlives
August 10th, 2008, 07:02 AM
I have aquestion for you guys. I am still working on Diablo II and can't beat Duriel in Tal Rasha's tomb. what do I need to do? I am getting frustrate because I can't get past this quest.

James Carmack
August 10th, 2008, 12:09 PM
What class are you using, Gkar?

You could always use the strategy I used on Diablo. Load up on all the highest-grade potions you can get and once you burn 'em all up, use a Town Portal scroll to warp back and restock, go back and repeat as needed. The boss's health shouldn't replenish so long as you stick to using Town Portal. I made like twenty such trips to off Diablo and that was with a Paladin. I don't remember Duriel giving me much guff and I'm pretty sure I beat him with a Paladin, Barbarian and Amazon. If you're using a Sorceress, try that spell that makes a fire trail and just left him chase you. That's how I beat the first boss with my Sorceress.