PDA

View Full Version : Lost classic sci-fi title wanted

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

rondavhar
July 2nd, 2008, 08:12 PM
Along the lines of a previous post I read a terrific sci-fi book around about 1990, when we moved house the book was lost, I've been looking for a copy of it for a long time now, I thought I knew the title was "Nowhere Man" but many attempts at finding it have been fruitless under that title and several similar variations. The story is about a man of the present time who unknown to him has a "kernel" implanted in his brain as a baby, done by a convict escaped from the future, this kernel enhances his intelligence to that like a man from the future and also a super experimental kernel is also implanted. These brain enhancements do not activate until later stages of his life. I know the hero's surname is Newman, he goes on to stop and correct a scientists quest to develope a new energy source with a flaw that would destroy the world.The story ends when Newman dies in an explosion with the scientist who created the flawed formula for the new energy source but not before amending the formula first, his brain enhancements give him outstanding abilities such has mind reading and telepathy as well as super intelligence. So Newman averts a catastrophe and saves the world, sounds corny but a great story.
This is just the bare bones outline of the book, its driving me nuts trying to find it. Is there anyone out there that would know the title and possibly also the author, much appreciated..

rondavhar
July 18th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Along the lines of a previous post I read a terrific sci-fi book around about 1990, when we moved house the book was lost, I've been looking for a copy of it for a long time now, I thought I knew the title was "Nowhere Man" but many attempts at finding it have been fruitless under that title and several similar variations. The story is about a man of the present time who unknown to him has a "kernel" implanted in his brain as a baby, done by a convict escaped from the future, this kernel enhances his intelligence to that like a man from the future and also a super experimental kernel is also implanted. These brain enhancements do not activate until later stages of his life. I know the hero's surname is Newman, he goes on to stop and correct a scientists quest to develope a new energy source with a flaw that would destroy the world.The story ends when Newman dies in an explosion with the scientist who created the flawed formula for the new energy source but not before amending the formula first, his brain enhancements give him outstanding abilities such has mind reading and telepathy as well as super intelligence. So Newman averts a catastrophe and saves the world, sounds corny but a great story.
This is just the bare bones outline of the book, its driving me nuts trying to find it. Is there anyone out there that would know the title and possibly also the author, much appreciated..

Thank you all for looking at this query, I found it! Bookslueth member gave me the title, its "One against Time" by Martia Astron Del.