PDA

View Full Version : Age of Conan

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Amaunette
July 15th, 2008, 09:48 AM
My boyfriend recently convinced me that we should upgrade our computers and play Age of Conan, a new MMORPG. For you fantasy fans out there, I think it would be really interesting, especially if you've read the Conan books, since the quests tie in to the Conan books. I never have, but there's quotations from the books on each load page, so I know it has to be similar. It's quest based, like WOW, which is why I find it boring since I'm only lvl 37 (out of 80). But I'm sticking through it till I get big enough to PVP. I partially got convinced to play this game because my guild (CLAW) is big on our server (Shadowblade) and I hear the PVP action is excellent.

Anyone else here play the game?

kansasbarbarian
July 23rd, 2008, 09:33 PM
I have played this game for the first 2 months. I just quit it becuase I hate grinding. I got my barbarian up to level 53 but just don't like the game. My main beef is its not true to REH and another thing they made barbarian as a rogue class which sucks. Barbarians should not be squishy in my opinion.Wish I coulld get my 50 bucks back for game and the 2 months of subscription @ 15 bucks a pop.

Amaunette
July 24th, 2008, 06:19 AM
I feel similarly. Though I think I kind of get why they made barbarians into rogues. I guess the idea is that barbarians wouldn't have the technology to make heavy armor, so they'd wear mostly light or medium armor, and they would rely on dodgy guerilla-type attacks against an invading imperial force. But it is jarring, since barbarians are usually strong meat classes in other RPG's and MMO's.

Chr0n
July 29th, 2008, 11:32 AM
I've played lots of MMOs by now, Knight Online, Silkroad, WOW, Perfect World, Cabal - just to mention a few - and not one consumed me as much as Knight Online did, allthough theres nothing really special about it but the PvP Mode - that's another story, however.

I'm curious about AoC, those descriptions as I've read don't sound too bed, the videos on the other hand are a down let, so I don't know what I should think of it.

As you might have guessed I'm a PvP player, and that's always been a corner in most of the MMOs, I guess I have to wait until theres a free Trial or something to check it out.

Anyway Darkfall doesn't sound to bad either..