View Full Version : The Dark Knight

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

rushking
July 19th, 2008, 01:14 PM
The movie is so good and have more rewatch value than any movies I have ever seen that it might just break Titantic box office record and Godfather's no 1 spot at imdb. It is currently at no 3 at imdb right now.

Evil Agent
July 19th, 2008, 05:45 PM
I have heard nothing but good things, but I'm not surprised. Ever since watching Batman Begins, I have been waiting for the sequel. Everything, from Ledger's portrayal of the Joker, to the title of the movie, looks/sounds good. I can't wait to watch it, later this week.

rushking
July 19th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Updated: it is offiically number one right now at imdb. Best movie ever made.

saintjon
July 20th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Absolutely incredible. It's a struggle to digest so much goodness in one movie, like a wonderful holiday meal in movie form.

Everyone is raving about heath ledger, deservedly so, but Aaron Eckhart gave one hell of a performance as well, in fact everyone involved was pretty strong.

Rob B
July 20th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Absolutely phenomenal. Best Superhero movie ever. Easily in my top 5 of all time. Incredible.

ThornofCamorr
July 21st, 2008, 05:00 AM
Its been a good year; the position of My Favorite movie got usurped by Wall-e, and then annihilated by TDK. Best damn movie I've ever seen, right from the magic trick. God, the acting, the writing, the layers, the easter eggs, theres just too much to take in.. Thankfully I get to see it again in Imax next week :)

saintjon
July 21st, 2008, 09:00 AM
Best Superhero movie ever.

Agreed and I'm still mulling it over but it's probably my new favourite movie of all time.

I read an interview where the writers said they won't make another unless once again they can exceed what they have done, but how do you top that? How?

I certainly hope they find a way though because that ending left an incredible set up for another movie. Either way the work the writers did on this movie is absolutely superlative. Every character's nuances, motivations, passions, weaknesses were interwoven perfectly.

Was it just me or was like 90% of that movie edge of your seat viewing? The robbery, the chase/desperate protection scene, every - single - time the Joker was on screen, it was all so INTENSE.

Gildor
July 21st, 2008, 09:33 AM
I've not read what's in this topic. But i'll just chime in by saying how angry I am that the ENTIRE world will get to see the Dark Knight before the U.K

:p

its out in Kuwait the Philippines and even Estonia gets it before us!!!

Oh boy i've got a long period of dodging spoilers on the internet.

Evil Agent
July 21st, 2008, 01:01 PM
You people are driving me crazy! :D

I can't wait to see it on Saturday!

sic's mom
July 21st, 2008, 05:17 PM
Okay, just got home from seeing it. All I can say is WOW!!!! I don't think I have ever seen a better superhero movie. This is one that will stay with you for a long time. And I hope that Hollywood can pull the stick out of the respective butts and nominate Ledger for the Oscar. I have never seen someone dissapear so well into his role as he did. He needs some kind of recognition for this amazing role. That was all I could think watching him. And was a little sad also knowing that he will never be able to do something like this again. He proved with this role that we all lost someone truly amazing at what he does.