PDA

View Full Version : Bonekickers

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Wulfa_Jones
July 25th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Bonekickers is BBC drama series shown on a Tuesday evening. The show has taken quite a beating review wise, but I find it very enjoyable. It is cheesy and silly, but by far one of the more enjoyable programmes on TV of late.

It features a team of archaeologists who get into all sorts of scrapes and adventures by discovering objects that change common unknown history.

There is also a clearly defined story arc, less subtlety sign posted than Doctor Who’s.

Whilst it may not be the best of shows, at least it breaks the mould a little – not just another boring police/hospital show. It’ll have to do till the Beeb’s next interesting sounding show “Merlin”.

hell1991
August 2nd, 2008, 02:45 PM
i watch bonekickers! i like it!
my favourite character is the older guy that normally seems a bit drunk (i'm rubbish with names in tv programmes/films etc), he has some great one liners in it :)

FremenWarrior
August 8th, 2008, 10:23 AM
i watch bonekickers! i like it!
my favourite character is the older guy that normally seems a bit drunk (i'm rubbish with names in tv programmes/films etc), he has some great one liners in it :)

The guys name is doctor (forgotten his first name sorry!) "dolly" Parton.

I thought it was very well cast and scripted and I can't wait or the series Finale on tuesday. The "sword chasing" story arc provided excellent contrast to the plot and i hope that the BBC look into producing another series.