View Full Version : Trailer for the TV series [Goodkind]

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Werthead
July 25th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Right here. (http://www.legendoftheseeker.com/)

Given my dislike of this series and author, I'll leave this with just one thought: why on the (admittely new) website for the series do they not mention the author or the fact this is based on a series of books? And why did they change the name of the series? Marketability? But 'Legends of the Seeker' doesn't sound any less cheesier than 'The Sword of Truth'. Hmm.

Takoren
July 25th, 2008, 06:40 PM
By the way, that's Bruce "Mouth of Sauron" Spence as Zedd and Jay "Ugluk" Lagai'ia as Chase.

I never thought about Bruce Spence as Zedd but now that I see it...it works.

As for the guy playing Richard, he looks fine if you ignore everything about Richard being "bigger than most men", which as far as I'm concerned is a good move. The trailer makes this look really interesting and I am starting to get interested, despite it being SoT.

I'm okay with the new title. It's generic but accurate. And it can be used season after season with no change.

wolfbane19
July 25th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Not really sure what to think....it looks interesting, though I wasn't a huge fan of the books (though I've read them all).

Dayne
July 25th, 2008, 07:20 PM
I always thought of Richard as older than what he looked like in that trailer. In fact, based on that trailer, I wouldn't have guessed that it was SoT. I didn't see anything that really made me think of the books.

Takoren
July 25th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Craig Parker is playing Darken Rahl. Not sure what I think about that. He's not threatening enough.

http://beautifulstrange.net/eyeofthebeholder/otherguys/craig/craigsmile.jpg

Werthead
July 26th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Haldir of Lorien is Darken Rahl? Woah.

Takoren
July 26th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Haldir of Lorien is Darken Rahl? Woah.

Yeah, I mean he looks like such a nice guy. I always pictured someone who looked more like Vladimir Kulich.

http://www.geocities.com/vampyfangs/Vladimir_Kulich.jpg

ThornofCamorr
July 26th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Wow, I like it, it looks a lot better than I thought it would. I especially like Zedd, and the apparent distancing from TG himself. He might make it look bad if he gets on Leno or something. I know everyone around here reviles this series, but it was the first fantasy series I ever read back in high school, and I loved it enough then that I can keep on liking it on some level in spite of Goodkind's doucheiness. So Im glad to see the series looks good. Hell, maybe if they keep out the bondage and the Ayn Rand rants, the people who hate the books could end up liking the show.

kingston
July 26th, 2008, 04:03 PM
With the proper makeup and lighting Craig Parker will look just like this as Darken Rahl:

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa132/laespadadelaverdad/TerryGoodkind.jpg

kingston
July 26th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Chase does look more or less like the book description, albeit with a TG hairstyle:

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.tvsquad.com/media/2008/07/legend_seeker4.jpg

Here's some info from TV Squad:

"the show will start in syndication on November 1st (filming has already begun). It has been cleared in about 97% of the stations. Most of these, according to executive producers Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert, are part of the Tribune network of television stations. It will air on Saturday nights and, in many cases, be part of the CW's leased-programming block.

The first season will be 22 episodes, with a two-hour season premiere. Each episode will be standalone and feature a beginning and an end. Wizard's First Rule author Terry Goodkind said that he wanted to have this format to allow fans of the series as well as new viewers to be able to jump into the show at any time. The first season will cover the main plot points of Wizard's First Rule, which chronicle the adventures of Richard Cypher, Kahlan, and the old, wise and powerful wizard Zedd (are there any young, silly and weak wizards?).

Everyone on the panel agreed that this was the right time for a syndicated series. Terry had always been looking for an avenue to get his characters onto the screen and Sam, Rob and Ken Biller helped him to get that request fulfilled. It didn't hurt that both Sam and Rob, as well as their kids, are big fans of the book series.

When asked if Legends will have some of the humor present in his previous syndicated outings of Hercules and Xena, Raimi answered that their will be humor, but it will come from the characters and not the situations. Raimi added that Legends will remain as true to the books as it can, which means fairly serious.

Even though the books are fairly violent, the Legends series has been toned down a bit for the television audience. However, said Tapert, being that they are a syndicated show has given them a bit of leeway. So, there will be blood coming from people's mouths after a lung injury but "no bubbles".

In addition to previously announced actors Craig Horner (Richard Cypher) and Bridget Regan (Kahlan), Raimi announced that actor Bruce Spence (Mad Max, The Matrix Revolutions) will portray Zedd. Also, Jay Laga'aia (Star Wars: Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith) will portray the boundary patrolman Chase.

When asked about digital enhancements for the show, Tapert said that the environment -- New Zealand -- will not be tampered with. However, there will be digital enhancements for some of the magical creatures the adventurers encounter.

When asked about potential lash-back from fans of the series who will be upset about the format of the show, Goodkind said he expects some kind of angry response. But, said Terry, as long as they get the characters right the stories are not important: fans want to see the characters they love brought to screen."