PDA

View Full Version : Pineapple Express

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

SJhanaye
August 15th, 2008, 02:36 AM
Has anyone seen the movie Pineapple Express yet?

I saw it last week and it was a pretty funny movie. The director is David Gordan Green, the writers: Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg. The release date was August sixth, the budget was twenty-five million dollars and so far the gross revenue has been a little more than forty-five million dollars. The same producers and writers made the film Superbad and Knocked Up, so I thought that Pineapple Express would be more comedic but it's actually really action-packed. So far the film has received one Golden Trailer nomination for Best 2008 comedy. It's about how a stoner and his drug dealer are forced to go on the run from the police and a ruthless drug lord after the stoner witness a cop and the drug lord commit a murder. Seth Rogen plays the stoner Dale Denton, his performance was okay; it would of been better if it wasn't the same as in Knocked Up. James Franco plays Dale’s drug dealer Saul Silver. It was really surprising seeing Franco in a comedy like this, usually he plays a more serious character and in a more dramatic movie. I think he did a really good job with his role too; it was really another side of his acting skills.
Producer Judd Apatow, explained that the source of inspiration for Pineapple Express was from Brad Pitt’s character in True Romance (1993), a stoner named Floyd. Apatow said, “it would be funny to make a movie in which you follow that character out of his apartment and watch him get chased by bad guys.” Overall, the movie is a little slow in the beginning but it picks up, has some really funny parts and ends as a modern stoner movie. Go see it for your self!

Evil Agent
August 15th, 2008, 11:58 AM
It was hilarious.

And Seth Rogen is from my home town (city)!

Crimsonfire
August 18th, 2008, 12:22 AM
It was great. My sides hurt when it was done. Stand out moments were the guy who just wouldnt die and Dales intentionally ridiculous wire-fu jump.

mariiisssa
October 19th, 2008, 07:56 PM
haha.
this movie was hilarious.
i love james franco's character, Saul Silver.
i literally couldnt stop laughing at all during the entire movie.
lol

Muess
October 23rd, 2008, 09:51 AM
Watched it last night. Definately the funniest movie I've seen this year and I have to agree James Franco really proves his range as an actor in this film.