PDA

View Full Version : Please help me remember a book!

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

BrianS
September 2nd, 2008, 12:16 PM
I read this book as a kid and was trying to remember the title or author.

I don't remember much except the premise. It was a fantasy world where people were able to fly around without vehicles. They had crystals that they would set in their belts and bracers that gave them the power to make a force field around themselves and to shoot lasers, respectively.

The main character was a flight leader for a fighter wing in, I believe, World War II. He and his team were somehow accidentally transported to this world where their aerial combat skills and teamwork allowed them to become a top fighting unit.

If this sparks anyone's memory please let me know. It was a great book and a lot of fun to read.

Highroller
March 19th, 2010, 07:18 PM
The Crystal Warriors by William R. Forstchen and Greg Morrison. There is a sequel also I cant remember name of.

BrianS
March 21st, 2010, 07:41 PM
Holy cow! I posted this message two and a half years ago and forgot all about it! Thank you so much, that is exactly the book I was thinking of.

Highroller
March 22nd, 2010, 09:06 AM
Holy cow! I posted this message two and a half years ago and forgot all about it! Thank you so much, that is exactly the book I was thinking of.

You are quite welcome. I waded though about 13 pages of id requests on the site. Yours was one I was fortunate enough to know the answer to that hadn't already been answered. Most I knew were already answered of course. I have read a LOT of sci-fi in my 52 years :o) Glad I could help you out. Now if one of the 4 or 5 message boards I am posted on can id the one I can't remember name/author on :o))

The amazing part is how many books people ask ask about that I haven't read or how many I haven't even ever heard of. Not that I delude myself that I have read THAT much but I have some 3000 books in my personal collection. But reading through the requests gave me an better appreciation of just how small a percentage of the available scifi/fantasy I actually own or have read from libraries in my life.