PDA

View Full Version : need help remembering book series i started in high school but neer finished..HELP!!

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

jordanharrisokc
September 8th, 2008, 03:53 PM
It was a four book series, The books revolved around super rich people who were afraid of death, so they spent billions of dollars creating an internet world that, when you were in it, was so real it rivaled reality. It was very secretive, and the plan was to kill themselves and transmit their memories, up to the second they died into this online world, that they created themselves where their consciousness could spent eternity. Many other characters get caught up in the story and start to mess with the plans. the main "bad guy" had an Egyptian type world. In reality you could get an implant that could "plug you in" the internet and the internet was a virtual reality type of browser... cant remember much more... one of the main characters was a terminally ill child who played virtually video games... sorry but thats all I've got.

Kaellyn
September 8th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Could it be the Otherland series by Tad Williams. I haven't read them yet but from what I've heard about them they sound pretty close to your description.

jordanharrisokc
September 8th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Thats the one!!! thanks so much!