PDA

View Full Version : Any fans of Uwe Boll?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

joexx000
September 9th, 2008, 02:58 PM
For those of you who don't know who he is, he's an infamous horror movie director. Here's a trailer for one of his new movie "Seed" that's coming out on Sept 9th. http://www.youtube.com/v/jDrbMbl-jVk

What do you guys think? I think I might have to get a copy of this one, it looks like my type of movie

Joe Ve

Munin
September 23rd, 2008, 06:21 PM
Boll's movies tend to make me want to claw my own eyes out with a spoon... you know the type, you sit and watch them thinking surely this will get better, it MUST get better only for the end credits to appear and you stare forlornly at the space in your wallet where hard-earned cash once lived.

On the plus side I have a DVD copy of Bloodrayne which makes a really good drinks coaster...

James Carmack
September 23rd, 2008, 07:19 PM
I'm not so much a fan of Uwe Boll as a fan of what he does to people. The above post is just an example. You should see the rants of EGM's Seanbaby. Good fun for one and all. Except maybe Boll's mother. She may not appreciate it so much. Then again, she might be his most strident critic. German's got some pretty strong language, after all. ^o^

Muess
September 24th, 2008, 10:16 AM
The words fan and Uwe Boll do not belong in the same sentence ;)

suupaabaka
October 2nd, 2008, 06:38 AM
Speaking of Boll, I just saw Postal the other day (another movie based on an infamous and highly contentious series of games) and thought that it wasn't too bad, for what it set out to do. As long as you go in with beyond low expectations, you might find yourself occasionally amused.

The humour was crude, slapstick and possibly offensive to some (the subject matter included terrorists, 9/11, full frontal male nudity as well as some female nudity as well as the mass murder of children) and the story was ridiculous. I also doubt the movie would appeal to anyone who hasn't played the Postal games.

But if you have, maybe you'd like to give it a look. Irreverent is not the right word; I think Boll sets out to offend. However, I give him credit for his cameo in which he himself states that his movies are silly. Either way, I've gone on for too long about that silly movie. It's a good diversion if you're bored, but if you're easily offended, steer clear!