PDA

View Full Version : Legend of the Seeker, T.V. adaptation of The Sword of Truth Series

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

mystar
September 16th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Just to bring some good news to the board, Disney/ABC's Domestic television series has been moving on the fast track with its adaptation of Terry Goodkind's The Sword of Truth Series.

The project started out being called "Wizards First Rule", but then after much debate and input from the writing team we decided the story wasn't about "wizards" or "rules", it is the story about Richard Cypher..."The Seeker".

While I know there are a few who are not fan's of the series, and dislike Goodkind. But it is what it is.

Here are some promo images from the filming.

enjoy

http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s352/mystar1959/LotS/Legend_OneSheet_FM2-1.jpg

mystar
September 16th, 2008, 10:37 AM
http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s352/mystar1959/LotS/BridgetCraigtwoshot-1.jpg

http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s352/mystar1959/LotS/Kahlan_Cypher_photo-1.jpg

http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s352/mystar1959/LotS/background-1.jpg

hawkwind
September 16th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Going by that promo image it looks like its going to be very cheesy. Too bad it wasn't an HBO series. Unless its an adult show I give it a few episodes before its cacelled.

Rob B
September 16th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Well, this series has both an uphill battle and legions of fans who will watch so its in a strange spot before it even airs.

The images are what they are, Richard looks like a young Kenneth Brannagh.

Knowing that it will be on the SciFi channel is also going to be tricksy. They've done some good things (BSG, FarScape, Taken) and some utter tripe (Earthsea, Flash Gordon) so this has potential to go either way.

mystar
September 16th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Well, this series has both an uphill battle and legions of fans who will watch so its in a strange spot before it even airs.

The images are what they are, Richard looks like a young Kenneth Brannagh.

Knowing that it will be on the SciFi channel is also going to be tricksy. They've done some good things (BSG, FarScape, Taken) and some utter tripe (Earthsea, Flash Gordon) so this has potential to go either way.

Rob, I agree...

While the head writer is Ken Biller, I can see it having some (possibly) good story lines, but I'm also fearing the "Hollywoodization" of the thing. Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert are die hard fans of the series, and want to bring out the romantic aspect of the series, but Disney wants to bring it out to a "specific" age bracket. This we can see with the Craig Horner (Richard) pick.

I like what I've seen behind the scenes and from working with the writers, but like you said, it could go either way. It'll be interesting to see either way.

Rob B
September 16th, 2008, 03:20 PM
I guess the thing that will intrigue me the most is how non-fans of the books will react to the filmed version.

mystar
September 16th, 2008, 03:59 PM
I guess the thing that will intrigue me the most is how non-fans of the books will react to the filmed version.

::nods::
S'been part of the on going discussion there. One of the aspects of the show will be the "dumbing down" if you will of the books. We are not going to see a great deal of the things some people think makes the books violent, excessively sexual or preachy but we will see some violent scenes, a bit of romance, sword fights and some gore....oh and we will see the core values that permeate the book series.

So far test groups seem to like what they've seen and listened to.

Evil Agent
September 17th, 2008, 02:11 AM
I think it's kind of interesting that "Haldir" from the LOTR trilogy is playing Darken Rahl.

mystar
September 17th, 2008, 01:57 PM
I think it's kind of interesting that "Haldir" from the LOTR trilogy is playing Darken Rahl.

How so?

I thought him a great pick for the part. He's a fan of the series and when he came to the project offering to read he was a great fit.

I'm just curious as to what you mean or what your thought are based on what you said.

Amaunette
September 17th, 2008, 11:00 PM
My question: why are they portraying Kahlan as some sort of sorceress? I admit it's been awhile since I've read some of the books, but I thought she was just a Confessor. They show her in the poster as holding some sort of fireball thing. Looking forward to seeing some Mord Sith kick some butt though. That'll be more fun than the first half of the book at least.