PDA

View Full Version : Could we finally have a decent UK horror serial? - Dead Set

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Wulfa_Jones
October 15th, 2008, 09:22 AM
http://www.denofgeek.com/television/129817/dead_set_episodes_1_and_2_review.html

Written by Charlie Brooker of Nathan Barley and BBC3's Screenwipe (also for his often viciously funny Guardian column) comes Dead Set. A zombie serial set in a Big Brother House.

The basics are Ė Big Brother summer, zombie outbreak, BB house the a safe location. Much akin the start of Dawn of the Dead, the producer of the show tries to keep things going despite the outbreak.

Trailers are on Youtube and look pretty good.

kged
October 15th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Zombification breaks out, and the only survivors are Big Brother contestants?

That's...hang on, let me check...yes, that is the most appalling thing I've ever heard.

*Feels ill*

Monty Mike
October 15th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Original idea, I'll give them that.

Aneurin de Batz
October 16th, 2008, 06:49 PM
I'm sorry? How do we tell the difference between contestants and zombies?

Uhh... no offense meant to anyone who likes the show...

Wulfa_Jones
October 20th, 2008, 11:26 AM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2008/oct/18/horror-channel4

Read more about it in the writers column at the link above.

The more I read about it and the more trailers I see, the more excited Iím getting about this show. Iíve been a long time fan of Charlie Brookerís writing and to find out he is a pretty hardcore zombie movie fan is a pleasant surprise.

Sounds like it is going to be a real zombie feast (pun intended). I understand we even get a zombiefied Davina Mccall.

Wulfa_Jones
October 28th, 2008, 07:03 AM
Anyone seen this yet? The first episode was on last night and the rest follow this everynight for the rest of the week.

It was pretty good. Very gory and quite akin to 28 Days Later in visual style and the zombie make-up/movement.

Lots of little zombie movie homages - the producer of the show saying that one of the contestents had a face like a Manchester Morgue and another contestent doing the old "their coming to get you Barbera" line.

My only complaint was how dark it was. Had to boost the brightness on my TV to see what has happening post outbreak.