PDA

View Full Version : Are they remaking V?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

GinaK
November 17th, 2008, 08:05 AM
I just wantched V the Mini Series and Final Battle over the weekend and was surprised at how good I still thought this was. Looking on imdb.com there was a press release that V was going to be remade by ABC and shown sometime next year. Does anyone know anything about this? Looking on the imdb message boards it looks like the rumour has been around for years.

WyrvenGuard
November 17th, 2008, 10:34 AM
I wasn't aware of a possible remake but that's quite exciting! I remember watching V when I was a kid over and over and over again. I do remember watching Final Battle, but did it ever end? hahaha

Hobbit
November 17th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Well, Kenneth Johnson has been selling 'V: The Second Generation' as a novel for a while now and the original TV series and miniseries have just been rereleased on DVD. The book was meant to be the screenplay for a new series, and it has been around a while.

So it's possible. But I must admit I've not heard too much about it.

Mark / Hobbit

Rob B
November 17th, 2008, 03:19 PM
V is making a comeback (http://www.newsarama.com/tv/081010-v-returns.html)

Also seen in Variety (http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117993725.html?categoryid=14&cs=1)

sic's mom
November 18th, 2008, 07:23 AM
God I loved this series. I can't think of any of my friends that didn't watch it. And the fact that Scott Peters who did 4400, which I really liked also is working on this makes me look even more forward to it.

Hobbit
November 18th, 2008, 12:30 PM
I'm sad enough to have bought them on DVD. :)

Disappointingly, (for me anyway), they've aged terribly. Very much 'of their time'.

Mark / Hobbit

WyrvenGuard
November 18th, 2008, 12:44 PM
The V is one of those movies I've bought multiple times as the DVD's become lost or destroyed in the epic battle between tiny rooms and too much crap.

V, Tron, Bladerunner, Predator, and Total Recall - 3+ buys each hahaha.

Hobbit
November 18th, 2008, 12:50 PM
The V is one of those movies I've bought multiple times as the DVD's become lost or destroyed in the epic battle between tiny rooms and too much crap.

LOL. You can never have 'too much'. :) And Bladerunner: now we're talking!

Mark / Hobbit

WyrvenGuard
November 18th, 2008, 01:01 PM
let me ammend my previous statement.

"The V is one of those movies I've bought multiple times as the DVD's become lost or destroyed in the epic battle between tiny rooms and so much junk.

JunkMonkey
December 30th, 2008, 03:19 PM
I just wantched V the Mini Series and Final Battle over the weekend and was surprised at how good I still thought this was. Looking on imdb.com there was a press release that V was going to be remade by ABC and shown sometime next year. Does anyone know anything about this? Looking on the imdb message boards it looks like the rumour has been around for years.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least. Hollywood seems finally to have run out of any idea how to do anything that hasn't been done better before and seems dead set of ****ing up just about anything that ever made money the first time around by a needless remake.
Now if I was a Hollywood producer, I would be looking at all those SF movies that didn't quite make it last time round for whatever reason. There are hundreds of almost good movies out there that could stand being remade without shitting over all the great memories we all have of the classics. Not that I am endorsing V as a classic of anything, though I remember the pilot being OK.