PDA

View Full Version : Whatca ya all reading?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

Keyoke
October 1st, 2000, 09:33 PM
Kinda curious, what is everyone currently reading?? Anything good?

I'm kinda in-between books.. I thinking of re-reading the THomas COnvenant Second Chronicles.. For whatever reason, I only read to Book 2 and stopped..>?< G o figure, so, I may pick it up and finish it off this time..

Took me awhile to like the Thomas series, but, once I did, I loved it..

Keyoke

Shehzad
October 2nd, 2000, 02:29 AM
I just picked up a book at a second-hand store, "The Little Country" by Charles de Lint. I thought it was quite a nice little story, different from the usual magical fantasy.

Other than that I am re-reading the Gap series, and also have recently read Harry Potter Book 1 and 2 (so sue me... but one is never too old!)

Lani
October 2nd, 2000, 02:47 AM
I just finished Faith of the Fallen by Goodkind. The book is pretty good after the last one. If you read the series you can try it.
Also I just finished Harry Potter first book and it is good even for my age.

Sojourn
October 2nd, 2000, 03:01 PM
Recently read Robert Jordan's 'The Path of Daggers'. Hmm, a rather disappointing read overall. Guess I'll just have to wait for Book 9 like everyone else to see how matters are resolved. Currently reading 'Tokaido' by Lucia St Clair Robson. Not exactly fantasy, rather more historical fiction set in feudal Japan in the 1700s. I've recently taken a liking to single-volume novels, like 'Tigana' by Guy Gavriel Kay. Highly recommended! I find such lovely 'single packages' a refreshing change from the innumerable volumes in a series, particularly a long-winded one like 'The Wheel of Time'.
IMHO,

^_^

Lady Fox
October 2nd, 2000, 03:18 PM
I just finished a book titled "Transformation" by Carol Berg. It is the first book by this author, and it was quite good. Right now I'm reading "Rhapsody" by Elizabeth Haydon. I'm enjoying it too.

Keyoke
October 2nd, 2000, 03:46 PM
Yes, I've seen that book by Carol Berg on the shelves at my local book store. Looks very intriguing, maybe I should pick it up..=)

As to Haydon, I didnt like the book myself, but, I still will read the second book when it comes out in Paperback..

Myself, I am re-read the second Chronicles of Convenant... Never finished the last book, but, going to read all 3 of em in a row, so I can keep abreast of the story..

Keyoke

Lady Fox
October 2nd, 2000, 06:41 PM
Why read the second in the series if you didn't like the first? There are too many books out there that I want to read and that I think I will enjoy. I'm not going to force myself to read an author or a series that just doesn't appeal to me. If I don't like the first book in a series I don't even bother with any more.

Gooch
October 2nd, 2000, 06:48 PM
I'm reading Lord of the Isles by David Drake right now. Not to bad. It's just a hold over until Storm of Swords comes out though!

Eventine
October 3rd, 2000, 02:24 PM
I'm currently rereading the Dune series. It's pretty intense.
After that I'll probably read the new Shannarra and maybe even new Goodkind book.
After that I'm planning on rereading all the Thomas Covenant books.

Alex
October 4th, 2000, 02:01 AM
I've just finished reading Legend by David Gemmel. It's awesome..... This was his first fantasy novell and probably still his best!!!