PDA

View Full Version : Can't Remember Film

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

nemo75
November 24th, 2008, 01:34 PM
I'm wondering if people can help me remember the name of a film I saw when I was a kid. I'm sorry to report that I only have the vaguest of recollections about it, so I don't harbor the greatest optimism about whether anyone can figure out what I'm talking about.

I would guess that I saw this film in the early 80s, around the time that Secret of NIMH was on and Return of the King was on. I probably saw it on television, so it might have been filmed in the late 70s, but I can't be sure.

I recall that it was animated in a fantasy setting. Towards the beginning, the protagonist encounters some witches in the middle of a dark forest. I think they were around a cauldron. There were other monsters around, including one which was simply a leg which hopped down the road at some point.

Whatever the mission was, the protagonist had to go to some evil castle. The facade of the castle was a bunch of evil-looking faces. The protagonist ultimately prevails and, as a consequence the castle is destroyed (the faces comprising the castle disintegrate), and the witches from the beginning turn to stone.

That's all I remember, and I'm not even confident that I'm reporting it accurately.

Any ideas?

Nemo