View Full Version : What happened to the SciFi channel

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

papajoev
November 25th, 2008, 12:37 PM
I have practically stopped watching the SciFi channel. The only reason I go there anymore is to record old episodes of Lost. When I first started watching the SciFi channel, they had some neat stuff, shows like Babylon 5 and Dark Shadows, shows about what was new in SF books, movies, etc, a show about the space program, much other good stuff. All that has gone out the window. Now its all bad horror movies, shows like the Ghost Hunters which is just a bunch of people trying to scare each other, and now they are putting on reality shows. Reality shows? That's not what SF and fantasy are about. Even the latest Star Trek series is BORING.

Is there anyway of getting the SciFi channel back on track?

Joe Vadalma

Seak
November 25th, 2008, 12:49 PM
I used to watch it all the time. War of the Worlds, Buck Rogers, old Battlestar Gallactica, quantum leap. Not so much any more.

Rob B
November 25th, 2008, 12:51 PM
All the reality shows and game shows are crap and don't belong on the channel.

Sky Guy
November 25th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Don't forget "wrestling". WTF are they doing showing that?

I'll watch it again when BSG returns in January, but I can't think of any reason to do so until then.

david johnson
December 28th, 2008, 06:31 AM
the only tv i can stand period is the sf channel, weather, some news, and the ocassional documentary.

sf let me catch up on enterprise and voyger...they beat tng and ds9 without mercy.

they've done well with sg1 and the spinoffs.
my wife digs the ghost hunter stff, so that keeps me happy...don't have to watch some goofyness on another network when i'm in the room!

dj

tragic
December 28th, 2008, 05:49 PM
I think there are differences between the US & UK SciFi channels, the latter of which I stopped watching sometime between the end of late-night anime and the beginning of Emanuelle 2000.

david johnson
December 29th, 2008, 05:46 AM
ah...the emmanuel sf channel! ;)
the emmanuel zone
emmygate
emmanuel trek
7 of 9 vs. emmanuel, galactic 'rasslin'

dj

Eldanuumea
December 29th, 2008, 10:34 AM
First of all, soon there will be no more Stargate anything, except for constant reruns.

Second of all, there are too many silly made-for TV movies.

Thirdly, where are reruns of Andromeda, Firefly, and Babylon 5?????

I do have to admit that Sanctuary shows promise, although none of the recent episodes have lived up to the first few.

:(

WyrvenGuard
December 29th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Sci-Fi has gotten pretty dull lately. I haven't watched sci-fi regularly since Mystery Science Theater 3000 got pulled. I've never forgiven them for that.

david johnson
December 30th, 2008, 04:51 AM
First of all, soon there will be no more Stargate anything, except for constant reruns.

Second of all, there are too many silly made-for TV movies.

Thirdly, where are reruns of Andromeda, Firefly, and Babylon 5?????

I do have to admit that Sanctuary shows promise, although none of the recent episodes have lived up to the first few.

:(

there will be 'stargate:universe'. i think it involves using a ninth chevron in the dial-up.

dj