PDA

View Full Version : HELP - What was this film called ??

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

kevinsnelling
December 3rd, 2008, 06:10 AM
Back in the late 70's ? early 80's? a weird SF film was on the TV basically what I remember of it was:
It was about a guy who was abducted by a kind of beam of light as he sat on the edge of his bed looking out of the window. He then found himself in a kind of transparent dome on what looked a kind of moonscape type planet with an audience of invisible aliens from then he seemed to experience all different transports in time one as a prisoner of war being marched through a frozen siberian land as a prisoner of ww2 ? germans.
Then he was transported to a time when he was married to a very overweight girl.
Then he was transported to a time when he was giving a seminar to hundreds of people about his alien captors where he gets shot by a crazed man who was a fellow captive on the frozen march.
Then he is trnsported back to the alien planet to the domed enclosure where the aliens had provided him with a famous mate who was giving birth to his baby to the raptuous applouse of the invisible aliens !!!!
Then he was told how the universe would end !

DOES ANYBODY REMEMBER THE FILM ? WHAT WAS IT CALLED?

B5B7
December 6th, 2008, 08:36 AM
I think this is movie of Kurt Vonnegut's novel 'Slaughterhouse 5'.

Seak
December 8th, 2008, 11:13 AM
I've only read the book, but that is definitely Slaughterhouse 5

kevinsnelling
December 11th, 2008, 08:09 AM
To Both 'B5B7' and 'SEAK'

Thank you so much the name of that damn film which I saw on the TV years and years ago has really been a puzzle to me. Till NOW !
Thanks guys

regards Kev:)