PDA

View Full Version : Need help trying to identify Title or Author of S.F. novel ('cause I'm brain-dead...

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

508Jaguar
December 4th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Hello all -

My first post here at sffworld.com.

I'm looking for some assistance in trying to identify the title or the author of a science fiction novel that I read a couple of years ago. I've completely drawn a blank on what this novel was called.

So.... I offer the following as "clues" about the novel with the hopes that one of you out there can identify my mystery book.

All of the clues below are offered with the "qualifier" of..... "as I remember it." Of course, if I truly remembered anything, I guess I wouldn't be posting here, eh? ;)

1. Genre was Space Opera
2. Set in the future
3. Humans (or humanoids) are "enhanced" (i can't remember if articially or naturally)
4. Main protagonist is female.
5. Her enhancements (and those like her) include some kind of cranial ridges that are also luminescent when active.
6. Enhancements offer the human the ability to "super-compute".
7. Other characters are sort of "old school" humans (no ridges, no super-computing abilities).

I really enjoyed this book and remember that when I finished it, it was clear that there was to be a sequel.

Of course, life got in the way, and I never did read the sequel, but would now like to (if you all can figure out what it was I read a couple of years ago).

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Jaguar

Seli
December 5th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Sounds like Alistair Reynolds, probably Redemption Ark.

508Jaguar
December 5th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Sounds like Alistair Reynolds, probably Redemption Ark.

Smart people here. That's it !!!

Thanks so much.

Jaguar