PDA

View Full Version : Looking to purchase a good set of comics.

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Kelsey9
December 5th, 2008, 01:03 AM
Hello all, I have a small kid and I am just getting prepared up to make it good on his birthday which is around the corner. He is a book-lover and likes comics with superman being his fav. Now, I donít get enough free time and the gift I had like to get him would be a collection of his fav heroesí comics. There have been some online stores that I had visited but did not find any interesting stuff. Any suggestions to make his present a good one?

FremenWarrior
December 5th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Hello all, I have a small kid and I am just getting prepared up to make it good on his birthday which is around the corner. He is a book-lover and likes comics with superman being his fav. Now, I donít get enough free time and the gift I had like to get him would be a collection of his fav heroesí comics. There have been some online stores that I had visited but did not find any interesting stuff. Any suggestions to make his present a good one?

You could try something like Hellboy if he wants something different or there are the Marvel essentials books which contain over 30 comics per book and are specific to one character ( for example Spider-Man essentials 1 has 30 of the original spider-man comics beginning with the very first issue) Mine cost me around £10 (About $15) Try Amazon.com they have a lot of books or failing that eBay.

denimb
December 5th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Thatís nice, a comic would be a nice present and when he loves it, it is the best. Online shopping has spread to a wide area and now there are many categories and a wide range of services available for all types pf products that you wish to purchase. For a better range of comics of your selection, you can visit herobits as they have a wide category of comicsí collection ( http://www.herobits.com/category/13341617761/1/Comics.htm) to cater to.

kater
December 7th, 2008, 04:32 PM
You should be able to get your hands on some cool stuff, Owly is neat, Teen Titans Go for more superhero stories or something a bit different like Bone or Mouseguard. If you're close to a comic book shop they should be able to tell you exactly what titles are targeted at young children.

Muess
December 8th, 2008, 06:59 AM
It depends how old he is but I loved Power Pack when I was a kid :D