PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a particular old anthology

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

SFReader
January 2nd, 2009, 02:27 PM
There are a number of short stories that I remember fondly which I believe came in the same anthology which I cannot remember. The anthology would have been available by the late 70s or early 80s and includes:

A story about a planet where gambling was used for virtually everything. A spy escapes with that planet's military information but his side looses the subsequent war as that information just became another variable to handle.

A story about a planet where licenses to commit crimes can be purchased. "License" or "License to Steal" perhaps?

A story about a man who has some ability to make changes to alter his own body and the world who is forced to reveal that ability to another man. The other man uses that knowledge to quickly improve his own body only to accidentally kill himself for his lack of understanding how each change affects the whole.

I thought that this book included "The Dueling Machine" by Asimov but I'm not sure as the "Study War No More" anthology may not have these other stories.

I know that this is very thin and these may not even appear together. Any hope? Thanks