PDA

View Full Version : Fullmetal Alchemist

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

FremenWarrior
February 7th, 2009, 01:44 PM
After the recent re-release of the saga on dvd in a three box series i would like to know what you enjoyed most about this Anime. Wether it is the depth of characters,heroes and villains alike. or the immersive plot of loss, love and determination. what do you think of Edward Elric and the rest of the crew in this (in my opinion) groundbreaking anime series. thanks. :)

FremenWarrior

bunny
February 11th, 2009, 09:05 AM
I thought it was a different anime from most that I've seen so far - in that its plot is creative and its characterisation realistic and multifacted. I think FMA has some of the most iconic characters in anime history, and if there's an anime with more interesting characters (besides One Piece, my other fave) then I haven't seen it.

Besides, how can you forget someone like Edward Elric?

Or his hotness?

Monty Mike
February 11th, 2009, 10:53 AM
I started watching some of this anime after reading this thread but at the moment am only up to the third episode. So far it's been fun. I did read a couple of the manga some years ago but nothing since. Will keep watching.

FremenWarrior
March 1st, 2009, 12:38 PM
I started watching some of this anime after reading this thread but at the moment am only up to the third episode. So far it's been fun. I did read a couple of the manga some years ago but nothing since. Will keep watching.

you should definately keep watching. the plot is very compelling and when it gets rolling becomes a masterpiece of Anime. if you like this then i think i could recommend more that you might like. :)

kalam007
March 3rd, 2009, 06:01 AM
If you like reading gritty sff novels, Full Metal Alchemist is the best anime/manga you'll ever watch or read. The first time I watched this anime, I was pretty shocked by the amount of gore and blood, but it was totally balanced by the great depth of its plot. Definitely FMA is not your usual light hearted manga far from it, revenge, greed, lust, hope, friendship, loyalty, love, hate, these are the themes that really made FMA THE anime to watch.

FremenWarrior
March 11th, 2009, 10:05 AM
your replies have been great so far! Thanks for adding to the discussion.
I agree on your point on blood and gore Kalam007 and agree also about plot depth. the plot of FMA almost demands that you keep reading/watching and captivates an entire plethra of emotions. (spoiler alert) although the fact that at the end of C.O.S they couldn't use alchemy was a bit dissapointing.