PDA

View Full Version : What is the significance of film in history?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

sanarota
February 20th, 2009, 06:06 AM
What is the significance of film in history? i am currently trying to complete an article on film in history and other people's opinions in the matter would be great! just things like is it accurate, and to what extent to they tend to stretch the truth and maybe some examples. it is basically on the period of world war 2 so any thing that you can think of would be great. i am not copying i will quote you. thankyou.

Eldanuumea
February 21st, 2009, 07:01 PM
Many American films screened during the WWII period were designed to provide escape from the harsh realities of wartime. Lavish musicals were popular, as were romantic comedies. Going to the movies was a way to forget, for a little while, that soldiers were in harm's way, and that perhaps one's ration cards had run out too soon.

Towards the end of the war and in the years immediately following, the conflict itself become the focus of many films. The courage of soldiers and sailors under fire or experiencing harsh conditions in POW camps was celebrated, and the war hero was idealized.