PDA

View Full Version : United States of Tara

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

effingvampires
February 24th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Has anyone else checked out this series on Showtime? It's shaping up to be a great show. Touching, funny, and infinitely fascinating to a sociologist at heart, like me.

saintjon
March 10th, 2009, 12:13 PM
yeah my girlfriend watches it every week. I catch it whenever I can but I'm usually out at work the night it's on.

Vooloc
March 22nd, 2009, 04:24 PM
whats the show actually about?

saintjon
March 27th, 2009, 05:49 PM
it's a good premise, it's basically this creative family woman has multiple personality syndrome, and when she gets stressed she becomes someone else. She has I think 3 regular "Alters". Alice is like a Valley of the Dolls type homemaker from hell, Buck is rugged redneck man (who has most of the funniest scenes I've seen so far) and T is a promiscuous and annoying 16 year old. There's also a feral unnamed new Alter emerging as the show goes on, a nameless poncho-wearing rubber-booted menace who pees on unwelcome family members in the night.

It's obviously a very quirky show with really good characters and from what I've seen pretty good performances throughout.

effingvampires
March 30th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Have you seen the season finale yet? I just watched it last night. I thought there was a good reveal and I can't wait for the second season.

Now I have to wait for Dexter to start again. *sigh* Dexter rules.

saintjon
April 9th, 2009, 09:03 PM
no I missed the finale driving truck, which really blows.