PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a novel I saw at book store in the mid 80s

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

mjgrass
March 6th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Sorry, I don't remember the name or the author and vaguely remember the cover of the book. I think it was an astronaut with a mop. This is what I do remember though. Within the pages of the book there was a flip comic in it, I guess it was depicting some scene in the book. 20 years later I want to pick up this book and find out what its about. Can any one help me please?:

mjgrass
March 6th, 2009, 06:39 PM
BTW: Sorry I realize this is supposed to be in the Do you know thread area. My bad.

Hobbit
March 6th, 2009, 06:52 PM
No problem. 'Tis moved.

Book doesn't ring a bell though. Sorry!

Mark

LpmH54
May 24th, 2009, 08:20 AM
I can remember a paperback cover that is a parody of those classic Conan covers,
The hero stands, silhouetted against the sky, bare-chested, feet apart, rag mop in right hand mop head up and bucket in his left hand.
There may be a battle in the background.

The title might have been as campy as "Janitor to the stars" or "Have mop will travel".
I checked Amazon for both no joy.

Sorry can not help more at this time.

Harry Harrison novels series "the Stainless Steel Rat" and "Bill Galactic Hero" do not match

Narcisse
May 26th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Sounds like the novelization of the Infocom game Planetfall. The game is much better than the book.

Here's an Amazon link (http://www.amazon.com/Planetfall-Infocom-Arthur-Byron-Cover/dp/0380753847/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1243389606&sr=8-1).