SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

worldmaker
March 12th, 2009, 11:34 AM
http://www.stelringsecure.co.uk/starship/pics.saucer3.gif

I have a burning question that will tear the whole universe apart.

A question so deeply disturbing that the most ardent Star Trek fans ought to turn away now.

Really, I mean it, this question will send your mind spinning.

You might want to have the phone number of a psychiatrist on hand, unless you're Californian, in which case it's probably far too late.

Okay, have all the children left the room?

Sure?

Right then.....

Here's my question.....

Now are you sure you want to read this?

I mean, it could be pretty gross?

Well you were warned.

Is the Starship Enterprise a Micro$oft Product?

Let the debate begin....

DailyRich
March 12th, 2009, 11:58 AM
I'd say the transporters certainly are.

Aurian
March 12th, 2009, 01:57 PM
No, or the Enterprise would crash a lot more often...

Eldanuumea
March 13th, 2009, 01:41 AM
Actually, I think the Klingons invented Micro$0ft.

kged
March 13th, 2009, 06:54 AM
You mean the Borg, surely?

http://www.crunchgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/microsoft.jpg

Resistance is futile.

mirage2101
March 15th, 2009, 08:39 PM
if windows has the same deus ex machina powers the enterprise has? i'd love that!!!

but seriously, why this question?
for starters the enterprise wasn't unreliable at all. (at least in TNG i haven't seen enough of the original star trek.) In star trek: enterprise the enterprise was the first prototype so i'd forgive some dodgy behaviour.

On the other hand, since windows 2k i haven't had serious windows related problems. now before you start ranting, i work in "the business" i deal with computers both workstations and servers on a daily basis and while some design decisions of MS are kinda strange the problems i've had were caused by 3rd party drivers/software.
So are you trying to say the enterprise is as reliable as modern day windows?

(for all those that have vista problems, format and install, don't upgrade.. i haven't had any major problems with vista since i installed it 3 months ago and the only problem i had was fixed with a simple setting found by 30 seconds of google)

Dawnstorm
March 15th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Actually, I think the Klingons invented Micro$0ft.

Nah, the ideas come from Vulcan, but the Ferenghi nicked them. :cool:

Aurian
March 15th, 2009, 09:55 PM
if windows has the same deus ex machina powers the enterprise has? i'd love that!!!

but seriously, why this question?
for starters the enterprise wasn't unreliable at all. (at least in TNG i haven't seen enough of the original star trek.) In star trek: enterprise the enterprise was the first prototype so i'd forgive some dodgy behaviour.

On the other hand, since windows 2k i haven't had serious windows related problems. now before you start ranting, i work in "the business" i deal with computers both workstations and servers on a daily basis and while some design decisions of MS are kinda strange the problems i've had were caused by 3rd party drivers/software.
So are you trying to say the enterprise is as reliable as modern day windows?

(for all those that have vista problems, format and install, don't upgrade.. i haven't had any major problems with vista since i installed it 3 months ago and the only problem i had was fixed with a simple setting found by 30 seconds of google)

I was trying to say that if the Enterprise was made by Microsoft, it WOULD crash more often. I think they only crashed it what, 4-5 times in all its incarnations over 25+ years? If only Microsoft could boast the same of its computers!

worldmaker
March 17th, 2009, 03:32 PM
You mean the Borg, surely?
Resistance is futile.

Well I was going to suggest that the Borg are a product of the Linux ocmmunity.

worldmaker
March 17th, 2009, 03:34 PM
No, or the Enterprise would crash a lot more often...

Personally I use its crashes as one clear example of its origins and evidence of my proposition.