PDA

View Full Version : Is the Dead Space Graphic Novel any good?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

sojourner753
March 15th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Did anyone read the Dead Space graphic novel? I really enjoyed the game but not so much the animated DVD. In fact I would have been mad if I actually bought the DVD.

What's your take on the comic?

kater
March 15th, 2009, 06:14 PM
It depends on whether you like Ben Templesmith's art, it's a very unique style and something I know not everyone appreciates. I picked it up because of Anthony Johnstone, the writer, I can't get enough of his Wasteland and thought he did a pretty good job with this. I think you'll enjoy the gn if you liked the game but I'd be wary of the price, given current trends and the fact it's a game tie-in it could very well be an expensive hardcover option out the door.

sojourner753
March 16th, 2009, 07:21 AM
Thanks for the reply Kater. Unfortunately its not a "look inside" at Amazon. I do agree that its pricey. Perhaps I'll see if my local comic store has it and take a look.

kater
March 16th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Yeah you might want to try newsarama and the other big comic sites, they did previews of the book which is how I saw it (I should have said in my earlier post I bought the singles so I'm not bothering with the gn) and you'll likely be able to find a 5-7 page preview somewhere on the net if your LCS doesn't have it.

Edit: Did a quick search and found the whole #1 free to view on newsarama:
http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album_view.php?gid=780