PDA

View Full Version : If you could meet any fictional character...

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

sojourner753
March 28th, 2009, 03:09 PM
My fiancee asked me a very interesting question the other day. If you could have dinner with any living person, who would it be?

I would like to change the question slightly for this forum.

If you could have dinner with an fictional character, who would it be?

You don't need to limited to humaniods either. If you want Optimus Prime, or the whale from Moby Dick, you go righ ahead.

My answer:
I would like to meet either Paul Atreides, or Leto II. I always wanted to talk to Paul about his discovery and fears about the "Golden Path". Leto would also be interesting because unlike his father, he decided make the sacrifice.

Update: I forgot to mention that both characters and the reference to the "Golden Path" are from Children of Dune by Frank Herbert.

Eldanuumea
March 28th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Hum, intriguing thread.

Eric Northman from Charlaine Harris's Sookie Stackhouse books......how much more interesting could a guest be than a Viking vampire?

Then, there's Harry Dresden. Actually, I just want to see his magic staff with the glowing runes.

For actual, serious conversation? Perhaps Sherlock Holmes.

DailyRich
March 28th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Zaphod Beeblebrox.

JMX7114
March 29th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Jon Snow or Arya Stark

zachariah
March 29th, 2009, 11:53 AM
God.

(apologies to Homer Simpson)

Seriously...I suppose Cthulhu would be interesting, to ask about his timeless origins and the nature of space and reality. But his very presence would drive me insane and then I'd be devoured.

As a less lethal guest, I'd sure like to meet Nausicaa (http://www.nausicaa.net/miyazaki/nausicaa/).

sic's mom
March 29th, 2009, 07:12 PM
For me that is sort of hard. So many characters I love and would love to sit down and have a conversation with. Probably number one would be Harry Dresden from Butcher's Dresden Files. Belgareth would probably be my next choice. I just love cranky, wily old wizards:)

Andols
March 30th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Kellhus. yea.

FremenWarrior
April 2nd, 2009, 04:08 PM
If I could meet someone just to talk i would speak to Aeon Flux and Trevor Goodchild to explore their reasoning behind the way they act.

Tidus
April 6th, 2009, 04:20 AM
Rand al'Thor from Robert Jourdan's Wheel of time.

Ickle Lulu
April 7th, 2009, 01:05 PM
'Karigan' from Kristen Britain's 'Green Rider' series

And of course Gandalf from LOTR...