PDA

View Full Version : Dollhouse on Fox (Season One)

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

wvfaerywoman
March 29th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Has anyone checked this show out?

Tidus
March 30th, 2009, 02:26 AM
Dollhouse is Great. Can't wait to get it every week. I'm up to episode 7 and going.

Wulfa_Jones
March 30th, 2009, 04:03 AM
It escapes me why Firefly got canned after a handful of shows, yet Dollhouse continues.

Even when the show was announced, I was dubious about how it would play out and after sticking with it for 6 episodes I am still wondering quite where it is going. Persisting with it in the hope of seeing some Whendonism (which is so far sadly lacking), but for me at least, I’m only going to be willing to sit though a few more episodes before giving up on it.

wvfaerywoman
March 30th, 2009, 10:37 AM
I think quite a few Joss fans were hanging in there because of their faith in him and many seem to feel that from episode 6 or so, it's finally paying off. I think if given time, it will hit its stride, but shows are not given much time by viewers or networks.

Dollhouse is supposed to be getting its entire 13 episode run and that is more time than many other shows, so hopefully it will live up to its potential and grab the ratings it needs to be renewed.

Erfael
March 31st, 2009, 11:33 PM
I'm really enjoying Dollhouse. I'm a self-proclaimed Joss Whedon fanboy, and the show took a little time to get going, but I'm definitely interested in where he may be going with it. The last two episodes are moving toward a backstory that's interesting, with even more enticing things coming down the lane. I'm not really sure how a network expects a show to both build an interesting story and grab viewers at the same time. It takes a number of episodes to really get going on a serial story, so I'm hoping they give Whedon the time he needs. I think they've all been spoiled by the horrible blight that is reality TV (low cost, so almost any number of viewers equals a profit). Nielsen numbers aren't everything, which is something that a lot of networks fail to realize now. DVR viewership and later DVD sales can mean just as much or even more, especially for a SF show, which may include a higher number of tech-savvy viewers.

wvfaerywoman
April 2nd, 2009, 01:05 PM
I am also a fan of Joss Whedon's work and I really hope Dollhouse is renewed because Joss at his best when he has time to develop his stories and characters.

Amaunette
April 3rd, 2009, 10:15 AM
I keep watching it because it's mostly interesting, but if the show disappeared I don't think I would be too disappointed. Most of the show is great, but I am not convinced by the main actress.

wvfaerywoman
April 3rd, 2009, 04:27 PM
I keep watching it because it's mostly interesting, but if the show disappeared I don't think I would be too disappointed. Most of the show is great, but I am not convinced by the main actress.

Seems some people either love or hate Eliza.

Tonight's episode seems like you might get more background info on the dolls and the dollhouse, so that should be pretty good.

Jennifer P
April 3rd, 2009, 10:39 PM
I was uncertain about this show (especially the rather bad episode written by 'Jeb Whedon'. Josh, don't give episodes to your less talented relatives, please).

But last episode it hit its stride, I think, and I found myself really looking forward to 'Awakening', and not disappointed.

And come on, anything that shows that much gratuitous female flesh is gonna get good ratngs.

Erfael
April 4th, 2009, 12:15 AM
I really enjoyed tonight's episode, as well. It was very interesting and quite sad. I hope they're really given time to develop their ideas for this show. (Agree on the Jed episode, though.)

Got me thinking: Is there really that much rampant female flesh about? I can't say that I noticed....and I usually notice.