PDA

View Full Version : Flaws of the Xbox 360

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

FremenWarrior
April 2nd, 2009, 04:16 PM
I recently turned on my xbox after a period without playing to find out that no game would play on it. my profile, xbox live account and everything else was working and there was no red ring of death around the on button. have any of you had a similar problem? the disk spins a few times in the console and then it tells me to open the disk drawer. help...

conningcris
April 2nd, 2009, 10:25 PM
Just open/close the tray like 50 times. . . and expect red rings soon.

P.S. Why this forum?

FremenWarrior
April 3rd, 2009, 01:50 PM
Just open/close the tray like 50 times. . . and expect red rings soon.

P.S. Why this forum?

after consulting already well worn forums on other websites i decided to bring the article to a forum i'm familiar with and see what everyone here thinks.

fluffy bunny
April 4th, 2009, 02:56 AM
You put a game in , the drive whirrs a few times and gives up? Sounds like your cd/dvd drive may be at fault. Your hdd and live account work so it's not your hard drive. Keep at it but if it doesn't work soon you may need to bite the bullet and replace it.

To replace the drive, look it up on google though many people found it's easier to replace the system rather than buy replacement parts which may be rejects from the factory with a short lifespan (that plus you need to locate some torx screwdrivers on ebay as most games consoles and mobile phones don't open with normal screwdrivers).

FremenWarrior
April 7th, 2009, 01:29 PM
I don't personally go in for the self repair but i tried a few methods suggested elsewhere on the web and tried using an air duster (pressurised air) to clear out some of the dust inside. i was nearly covered head to toe in dust and it still doesn't work. i think perhaps i may wait and hold onto my trusty PS2 for a while and consider a PS3 eventually.