PDA

View Full Version : Help in Identifying Book

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Joe Lugoff
April 24th, 2009, 09:42 PM
I feel so stupid, I'm embarrassed that I know myself.

For decades, I've tried to find a certain book, which I'm fairly sure comes under the category of "juvenile science fiction."

Not until the Internet came into my life did I stand a chance of finding out the name of it.

After asking in many places on the 'Net, someone finally identified it for me, and I thanked him profusely. He even found an entry for it on Amazon (Marketplace -- at high prices.)

So what did I do? I forgot the name of the book.

Ah, but I wrote it down -- but I forgot where I wrote it.

I've tried to find the original discussion on the Internet, but it's long gone.

Enough of this -- you get the picture -- I need to start all over.

About the book:

The story involves two teenage boys who shrink to the size of insects, as the Incredible Shrinking Man did.

The cover is a simple depiction of them fighting a giant spider (as also the Incredible Shrinking Man did -- I didn't say this book wasn't derivative.)

Anyway, I loved it when I was 11 or 12, and I'd like to read it again, if I could only remember the name. If anyone can tell me what it is, this time I'll remember it! I promise!

Soon Lee
May 21st, 2009, 03:22 PM
Sorry, don't know the book.

But, my Google-fu is good enough to find the place where your original question got answered (http://www.librarything.com/topic/63413).

...strolls off feeling clever.

ETA: ...and then feels a lot less smug, because it was just a link to Joe reposting his question elsewhere at the same time as here. And it got answered there...

david johnson
June 23rd, 2009, 07:52 PM
yep, i read it a few times myself. they stroked aphid backs for moisture and ran into mean ants.

dj