PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else like Green Street?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

FremenWarrior
April 29th, 2009, 05:47 PM
I recently borrowed this film from a friend of mine and expected nothing more than Football (Soccer that is) driven violence between Firms (Gangs) specifically the Green Street Elite (West Ham) and Mill Wall. I was pleasently surprised by its poignant views concerning friends and how far you are willing to go to help them. the characters, although each impared in their own way through a need for respect or a career or family problem, are excellently presented. even though this film portrays Football (Soccer) violence in England the depth of the story is surprising. Who else is a Green Street Fan?

biodroid
April 30th, 2009, 01:27 AM
In my country they call it Green Street Hooligans. Is it the one with Elijah Wood?

FremenWarrior
April 30th, 2009, 11:39 AM
In my country they call it Green Street Hooligans. Is it the one with Elijah Wood?

Yeah. Thats right. the film has a few names depending on country. it is also called "Football Hooligans" or just "Hooligans" depending where you saw the film. and yes i do mean the one with Elijah Wood.

Muess
April 30th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Yep, I enjoy football films in general but have to say this one was well above average and a surprisingly (for me anyway) strong turn for Elijah Wood after LotR. It took me a little while to get used to him playing that type of character but he did a excellent job and I think it's his best performance personally in what was a pretty strong cast of relative unknowns.

JebStryke
May 4th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Yeah I like this flick. I like sports movies that examine more than just the trials and tribulations of the athletes. In fact, I would even hesitate to call Green Street a sports movie at all, but that's neither here nor there.

SLASH
October 31st, 2009, 12:25 PM
I liked it a lot
sad ending though

Part two was rubbish

saintjon
November 1st, 2009, 03:07 PM
Yeah I saw a listing for part 2 on the satellite and it sounded really bad. The original kicked ass on all fronts though.