PDA

View Full Version : Jonah Hex movie???

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Daddy Darth
June 3rd, 2009, 09:32 AM
Hey y'all. I was just looking at AICN and saw pics of Josh Brolin as Hex. I have heard nothing about this before. I loved Hex comics - one gritty MF! I saw shades of him in Roland Deschaine in King's Dark Tower series. Any other fans out there?

kater
June 3rd, 2009, 11:42 AM
I enjoy the DC ongoing but I think a movie is going to be a very hard sell. Personally I like cowboy movies a lot yet Hex is such a dark, irredeemable character it's hard to see how they stay true to the character and make a good movie. Fingers crossed.

Daddy Darth
June 3rd, 2009, 11:55 AM
Hey Kater,
It will have to be a dark movie (which would be good) because he is a real anti hero type character. I was drawn to him when I read tonnes of comics because he was just a man. No super powers, only his wits, tenacity, grit and pistols to figure things out. If they F it up it would be better they did not try in the first place - we all know there have been enough of those comic movies made. What got me is that it is happening at all. I thought he was way too on the fringe of comic fandom to have a movie made. Hell I even read Hex when he was blasted into the future - the beginning of the end of a beloved character.

Josh Brolin does not capture the image of Jonah Hex in the shots I saw. But a good actor could make you forget he is supposed to be a scarred version of Clint Eastwood in the Good the Bad and the Ugly. I love the Westerns too.

Who next I wonder?

kater
June 3rd, 2009, 04:12 PM
There are quite a few sites that keep track of the comic options - Superhero Hype being one of the biggest I know of. My main concern is that it turns out like the first Punisher film, violent for the sake of it with no substance, I hope they do it chronologically so we get to see Hex during the Civil War and how he becomes so disfigured, that structure seems to work best in comic-to-movie adaptations.

Daddy Darth
June 4th, 2009, 06:38 AM
Hey dude thanks for the site. I will definitely geek out on that one. I agree whole heartedly about needing a good origin to explain this grizzled guy and what makes him tick.
Cheers

kater
June 4th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Your welcome :)