PDA

View Full Version : Asimov book?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

chyara
June 6th, 2009, 01:28 AM
I remember when I was in either High school or Jr. High (90's)I read a book that i would like to read again. Vaguely remember that the main char. was a female cyborg. I remember that she was either a fighter or law enforcement. Also i believe she had sex with aliens.
I vaguely remember Asimov's name was on the front of the book.

Sound familiar?

Pellinore
June 6th, 2009, 01:55 AM
Could possibly be one of Asimov's Foundation prequel books featuring Dors Venabili. Try possibly Forward the Foundation or Prelude to Foundation. Not so sure about the sex with aliens bit, but those are your best bets with Asimov.

Evil Agent
June 6th, 2009, 02:33 AM
Sounds like one of Asimov's four robot novels, maybe the second one? It's been a long time...

SallyC
June 6th, 2009, 08:18 AM
It won't be by Asimov - his writing never included aliens - I read a long while ago that he made this decision after an argument with J W Campbell, then editor of Astounding Science Fiction, who insisted that aliens could not be shown as superior to human beings (that's science fiction in the 40's for you). I suspect this is why he turned to robots.

There are quite a few books since published set in Asimov's Foundation universe, but I don't know them well enough to advise you.

Hobbit
June 6th, 2009, 02:44 PM
I'm tempted to think it is the Venus Prime series by Arthur C Clarke (or rather by other writers based on an idea by Arthur C Clarke.)

How about:

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/images/n2/n11960.jpg

There were others in the series.

Mark

Nic33
July 27th, 2009, 04:19 AM
This sounds a bit like Friday by Robert Heinlein - an artificial/cyborg woman who works as a courier and does lots of dangerous stuff. I remember reading this in the late 80s/early 90s. I don't recall alien sex but there is quite a bit of sex in it.