PDA

View Full Version : Fallout 3

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

FremenWarrior
June 11th, 2009, 01:34 PM
hi. anybody else nuts about fallout? i picked a copy up a while ago out of interest and i think its pretty good. just looking for other opinions.:)

InterplanetAnna
July 3rd, 2009, 03:36 PM
I LOVE Fallout 3!! It's amazing.

Papazak
September 27th, 2009, 08:50 PM
I enjoyed this game WAY to much!! I will give the negatives first so I can ramble on forever about everything else :)

Of course the weight limit you could carry is ridiculous low, but Im kinda numb to it from playing rpgs my whole life. Also at first it was frustrating never having enough ammo, or the right gun for the right ammo, but it wasnt too long before I had more than I needed....because I picked up everything in sight lol. My last complaint is the ending....whats the point in "everything you do changes your ending", if the ending sucks?

I loved VATS because I suck at aiming and shooting. I ruled in Goldeneye but that was a long time ago :) But at Call of Duty or Halo, I suck. Not to mention the awesome slo-mo head explosions. I would always stand against the wall, just inside the door, and wait for them to poke their head in and BAM!! It was fun to use VATS when using a baseball bat on radroaches too. hehe SPLAT!!

Quick travel and wait are the best things ever. Nuf said.

I loved the voice acting and the graphics. I still say "Absolutely" just like Moria Brown said it, all the time. I played a female character and it was hilarious when the Mutants said "STUPID LADY!"

IGN's online guide is really what made this game for me, I know alot of people consider strategy guides cheating, but I have zero patience and there is no way I would have tried to figure out where everything/one was.

I borrowed it from a friend, they had to move before I could get 100% seen and done in the game so I rushed to the ending.

Spoiler!!!
I ended with Westland Savior one of the higher levels of good karma, level 18, 4,000 caps, hundreds of ammo of all kinds in the locker in my house. I got around five bobbleheads that matched my skills, Barter, lockpick, repair, strength, small guns. I wore talon armor, then tesla armor. Used baseball bat, combat shotgun, alien blaster, and Xuanlong Assault Rifle the most, with some grenades here and there. I had three friends/slaves -the mutant, the dog, and the ghoul. I completed all but two of the sidequests. I never finished Tenpenny tower quest because there was no good ending so :)- , also the Oasis quest bugged on me.

I saved right before joining Sarah Lyons and moving on to the end of the game so, I am very tempted to go buy the game just to get the rest of the bobbleheads, see the 50 some areas I never seen, and I seen LOTS, and to unleashed that Alien blaster on the rest of the deathclaws, those bastards.

Moander
September 29th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Fallout 3 is one of the greatest games ever made, and have played through it a few times. It does a decent job of capturing the humor and the atmosphere of the parts one and two, but I still think the creators of the old school games had a better handle on the genre. But Fallout 3 is superior to any game that has come out on the current generation of systems.

Jop
November 10th, 2009, 01:03 PM
I love this game...I like the free-roaming games that let you do what you want. Like Papazak, I saved before joining Sarah Lyons - I didn't realize that I was that close to finishing the game! I was disappointed with the ending, and don't really see how it leaves it open for the expansion packs, but as I saved beforehand, it will give me an opportunity to finish exploring (I don't really have much left - 1 more bobblehead to get - Yay!).

I definitely plan on downloading the expansions - and I'm eagerly awaiting Fallout 4, Vegas, which is supposed to be out in the spring (cant wait!:D)

Loerwyn
December 2nd, 2009, 03:47 PM
Hope this isn't too old to post in.

I recently got Fallout 3 GOTY for the PC, and I'm enjoying it. Wouldn't say it's the greatest game out there, nor is it the worst. It seems to crash on me every so often, but it's pretty good otherwise.

My only gripes are the power armor looks daft, character customisation is not well thought out, you run really weirdly, some situations you're in are weird, and Operation: Anchorage was a bit bleh. Still don't agree with the customisation Bethesda have put in it, it's just as poor as the one in Oblivion. I get lost a lot in the city, due to streets being blocked off etc.

But, it's on the same level as Oblivion for me. A very playable game that has bugs/problems yet is still good. It's not my favourite game of all time, but it's not the worst.

Raven of SD
December 3rd, 2009, 12:20 AM
I didn't like the game. Mostly because I LOVED Fallout 1 and 2 sooooo much and Fallout 3 was more of an Oblivion with guns than anything.

creemore
January 24th, 2010, 08:04 PM
If you haven't played the expansions, I suggest getting them. They currently have 5 of them. If you get the Game of the Year version, it includes all 5 of them alongside the game for the same price.

Operation: Anchorage - Enter a military simulation and fight in the liberation of Anchorage, Alaska from its Chinese Communist invaders.

The Pitt - Travel to the post-apocalyptic remains of Pittsburgh and become embroiled in a conflict between slaves and their Raider masters.

Broken Steel - Increase your level cap to 30, and finish the fight against the Enclave remnants alongside Liberty Prime.

Point Lookout - Embark on a mysterious and open-ended adventure in a huge, murky swampland along the coast of Maryland.

Mothership Zeta - Defy hostile alien abductors and fight your way off of the alien mothership, orbiting miles above the Capital Wasteland.

It's true the game was Oblivion With Guns, but only because the original developer went bankrupt. Bethesda, who made Oblivion, bought the rights to the game and decided to make it more comparable to games from these days. Instead, they just took the Oblivion engine, wrote a new story and called it Fallout 3. I think it's good regardless though.