PDA

View Full Version : Help finding a mini sieries of books.

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

morikaweb
June 15th, 2009, 05:05 PM
I read this group of books as a kid and its driving me nuts trying to find it. The books are very similar to the Battle field earth movie with aliens having conquered earth, using humans as slaves and living in domed cities. The people have some kind of bracelet or something controlling them, and a few kids get away without having this thing installed. Also I seem to rember some kinds of walking machiens they used outside of the domes.

The kids start a resistance and begin learning knowledge from books, they eventfully mature/organize enough to build balloons and launch a coordanated air raid against the domes using bombs they make.

In the end the aliens leave earth and say they are impressed with us humans.

Does anyone know what this series is called? I have this idea its name has the word mountain in it but Iím not sure.

Thanks for you help in advance.

Hobbit
June 15th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Sounds like John Christopher's Tripods Series (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_City_Of_Gold_And_Lead#The_City_of_Gold_and_Lea d_.281967.29) to me.

(The second book in the series is called The White Mountains.)

Mark

morikaweb
June 16th, 2009, 06:04 AM
Humans are controlled from the age of 14 by implants called "caps"

Yes! Thanks for your help this is exactly what I'm looking for :D

Now off to the book store...

Ropie
June 16th, 2009, 07:31 AM
I remember the television series of that! Along with Chocky; two very good 80s children's SF TV programmes and well worth watching (on youtube, of course).