PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remembers Blake's Seven?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Tanaros
June 21st, 2009, 03:14 PM
I was a kid when this was on. It was a Sci Fi drama, very dark and gritty, as I can remember. I was watching Firefly over the past couple of days and kept thinking what could Joss Whedon do, that would be similar to this prematurely deceased show? Well, Blake's Seven came to mind, but not right away. Now it seems like a perfect thing for him to do.
Anyway, it does not have to be him, but it would be cool to resurrect this show, in a way Galactica was resurrected. As I recall, the characters were all former convicts, fighting a war against evil "alliance", using mostly their brains and courage.
What do you think?

Jennifer P
June 21st, 2009, 06:52 PM
That is either inspired or deeply disturbed.

FremenWarrior
June 30th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Yeah. have seen quite a few episodes of the series. Blakes Seven had an excellent concept but was a bit before its time. have heard recently from the rumor mill that a remake might be on its way. the original was very good and i hope the proposal for a new edition goes through.

was a great series though and gave a few laughs and some memorable characters.one of the better british sci-fi shows in my opinion.

GGS
July 21st, 2009, 10:06 AM
I remember watching this as a kid. If ever there was a TV show that deserved a remake with a decent budget/production values this is it. It would probably be much more at home on the screen these days than it was in the 80s.

Last year there was news of Sky redoing the show but there doesn't seem to have been anymore news since April 2008.

Anybody know more?

kahnovitch
July 21st, 2009, 10:33 AM
There's been rumours of a new show for ages but thats about it. I heard Paul Darrow (Avon from the original series) was involved but then dropped out.

Maybe with the Doctor Who revival and Torchwood we might see a series done by the beeb one day.

Was never a fan of Firefly (Or Whedon in general), but I did like Farscape.