View Full Version : Anything Anime..

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

FremenWarrior
June 30th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Have recently had a look around the forum and have noticed a lack of Anime. Like some people I'm an Anime fan and i would like somewhere to discuss the subject. and so if you just want to voice an opinion about Anime then feel free. am personally a fan of several. I have a fondness for Vampire Anime (black Blood Brothers and Hellsing) and Sci-Fi (Ghost In The Shell, Detonator Orgun, Venus Wars). and so pending aproval and acknowledgement i think this would be a good was to kick off an Anime discussion. enjoy...;)

saintjon
July 9th, 2009, 06:50 PM
I just watched the Sky Crawlers the other day and I have mixed feelings about it. IG apparently has superlative CG abilities but the cel animation is starting to visibly suffer. The story was interesting enough, but the slow pace and emotionally stunted nature of most of the characters made it seem kind of bland through a lot of it. Music was some of the best I've ever heard in anime though.

Nicolas
July 11th, 2009, 07:53 PM
What about this (http://www.sffworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6926&highlight=anime) one ?

Roland 85
October 24th, 2010, 11:30 PM
Topic necromancy... GO!

It seemed like the most appropriate place to post my review for Vampire Hunter D (http://rolandscodex.blogspot.com/2010/10/anime-vampire-hunter-d-bloodlust.html): Bloodlust.

Amazing anime. I first saw it as a teenager, but I keep loving it every time I see it :)

saintjon
October 25th, 2010, 07:00 AM
I'm still marking out to Naruto on a regular basis. I'm completely caught up on everything except the filler and movies though so I think I"m gonna start reading Bleach.

Dead2u
November 28th, 2010, 06:51 PM
I love the xxxHolic series. The artwork is different with the elongated limbs of all characters and the fact that all background characters are in monochrome but it’s still one of my favourites.

Another favourite of mine is “Mnemosyne” which is a little brutal at times but I still found it a gripping story.
Satoshi Kon’s “Perfect Blue” is a superb example of good amine.

Other favorites’ of mine are
• Le Portrait de Petit Cossette
• Blade of the Immortal (series). The ending is a bit of a loss though. It’s like they just ran out of ink or something.
• Hell Girl (series). The latter episodes where they deal with her origin are particularly good.
• and of course Deathnote (series).

Most Ghibli studio work is a safe bet as good anime with slice of life style “Ocean Waves” and “Only Yesterday” probably coming up as my most watched DVD’s.
Goro Myazaki’s “Tales from Earthsea” is probably the weakest Ghibli release in a while but despite its flaws; it’s still a beautifully painted piece of anime that I did enjoy.

alex4u
December 23rd, 2010, 01:38 AM
I love animes and i am naruto and pokemon fan. I love these kind of animes

saintjon
December 23rd, 2010, 06:04 AM
From an animation standpoint Earthsea was brilliant, it's too bad NOBODY can adapt Earthsea without garbling the story all up. They should have either focused on the third book (seemed to be the one they drew on most heavily) or committed to making several movies.

Sonja Ravenscroft
December 23rd, 2010, 09:13 AM
If you want something quirky and rather different, I'm a huge of Project A-ko.

One of the best "girl fights" I've seen-not talking about ripping clothes off, just actual fight between two superpowered girls lol

Expendable
January 3rd, 2011, 08:02 PM
Project A-ko is fun, definitely. Love the subtle hints that A-ko is the daughter of Superman and Wonder Woman.

Loved Xxxholic. I keep wondering how Yuko is going to torture Watanuki - and wondering if she's really training him to take over the shop. I really liked the Winchester mystery house in the oav A Midsummer's Night Dream.

Ghost in the Shell - watched both movies and the tv series.

Love Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli, but I cannot watch "Grave of the Fireflies" again.

Ouran High School Host Club is major fun.

I've started watching Hell Girl, Black Blood Brothers and Desert Punk but I like scifi more than horror.