View Full Version : Look for book about inherited spaceship

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Onzlo
July 8th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Hi all.

I have been lurking around here for a long time, often thinking I know what that book is.
Well I have finally found that my Memory is starting to fail and for the life of me I can not remember this book.

I only remember the very basics of the plot, and it goes something like this.

Young man inherits the fastest ship in the universe (or nearly the fastest). For some reason this ship is confiscated or taken from him.
He then steals it back. I also remember the stories was quite humorous

The book was the 1st in a trilogy, which I didn't finish. It would have been written pre 1990.
I am also quite sure the word inherit or inheritors was in the title, either of the book or the trilogy.

Well I hope there is enough there to prod someone's memory.

Thanks in advance

Mark

livens
July 8th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Look at Brian Daley's 'Jinx on a Terran Inheritance'.

Onzlo
July 9th, 2009, 04:30 AM
Livens. I am not 100% sure this is the one, but it does ring a few bells. I will have to re-read to be sure. It sounds like a fun read anyway, so something to order for the holidays.

Thanks for the prompt.

Gkarlives
July 9th, 2009, 05:22 AM
Actually, the series sounds right, but the first book in the series was "Requiem for a Ruler of Worlds" then "Jinx on a Terran Inheritance" and finished in "The Fall of the White Ship Avatar". The first book was the best.

Pellinore
July 12th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Agreed. This is your best shot. Never could get into the third book though. The first two were definitely better.

lolrus
July 17th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Opps wrong thread sorry!