PDA

View Full Version : supersonic robotic dog, female "lead" character, I think

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

fred_dot_u
July 23rd, 2009, 08:30 PM
I'm certainly happy to see this forum and I hope it contains the answer I seek.

I've done a full forum search for supersonic dog and robotic dog and came up mostly empty.

Appropriate to the sub-forum, I have only vague recollections of parts of the novel I'm hoping to find. I think, but cannot be sure, that the lead character is either an underage female, or a young woman and she has/owns/bonds with a robotic dog that is capable of supersonic speeds and lives in a supercooled doghouse.

It's a somewhat dark environment as best as I can remember, but I can't be certain of that. I thought it was one of Gibson's works, but haven't found anything to support that.

I may still own the book, but the stacks and piles and shelves are not so easily accessible as to permit flipping through them, hoping to stumble across it.

thanks for your consideration

lolrus
July 24th, 2009, 09:15 AM
It's a Neal Stephenson. Snowcrash I think but I'll check.

yeah it is. Here (http://dannyreviews.com/h/Snow_Crash.html). Only link I could find that actually mentions a cybernetic dog.

fred_dot_u
July 24th, 2009, 04:39 PM
That's right on the mark! I followed the links and read the review I found and realized how much I had forgotten. Now I've got to hope I can find the book in my piles of books or stacks of books or shelves of books. At least I won't be searching blindly, just haphazardly.

Thank you quite a lot for your assistance. I hope I find it as entertaining the second time around as I did the first, although I've forgotten all of that!