PDA

View Full Version : Help identifying a novel

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Swoops
September 11th, 2009, 05:10 AM
I'm hoping someone may be able to help me identify a novel I read around the mid 70's. It is a story about time travel.

The story begins with the main character on the balcony of his home. His house is located on the side of a mountain, and he is looking out on the surrounding forest when he sees an area of trees that are smashed to the ground. The trees continue to get smashed down, forming a pattern that spirals out from the epicentre (can't remember if it spirals to the left or right :rolleyes:). The character investigates and finds a sphere/bubble at the epicentre which turns out to be a device for time travel. Needless to say he uses the device and embarks on an adventure.

The main character may have been sitting reading on his balcony and was alerted to the tree smashing by a loud noise, and there may have been a dead body in the device when he discovers it - but I'm not absolutely sure about these parts.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Charlie
February 24th, 2014, 01:19 PM
I believe the book you are looking for is "The Fury Out of Time" by Lloyd Biggle, Jr. from 1965.

Charlie

Swoops
February 25th, 2014, 04:58 AM
Wow,

Many thanks Charlie - that is absolutely the book!

I had pretty much given up hope of identifying it.