PDA

View Full Version : Best Titles out there!??!

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Keyoke
November 24th, 2001, 08:50 PM
I am pretty avid in my comic book collecting.. But, their are a few titles that if you are reading comics that you should absolutely be reading..

Here they are.. My favorites that are currently publishing (Not old series, etc)

Best Title by far is Powers. It's Law and Order meets Super hero's. Curious? www.jinxworld.com (http://www.jinxworld.com)

Other great titles..

Flash, Green Arrow, Ultimate X-men and Spiderman, and X-Force..

But, like I said.. If you had to choose only one.. POWERS! A must read..

Duarh
November 25th, 2001, 07:05 AM
Anime's the best http://www.sffworld.com/ubb/smile.gif

Neon Genesis Evangelion & Rurouni Kenshin rule the roost. . .

Warewolf
December 14th, 2001, 12:42 PM
I too an am avid fan ($150-$200 a month!!!). Here's the list of stuff I eagerly look forward to every month:

Impulse
Green Arrow
Amazing Spider-Man
Sojourn
Flash
Authority (too bad it's been having political problems lately http://www.sffworld.com/ubb/frown.gif )
Barry Ween
Punisher
Daredevil
Captain Marvel
Young Justice

I enjoy Powers, but it's not up there with the rest of that stuff. Dropped X-Force when the new creative team took over (was NOT interested). Didn't want to fork out the dough for the Ultimate stuff.

Keyoke
December 14th, 2001, 06:23 PM
Well, I too collect alot.. A few titles that I am always looking forward too..

Green Arrow
Powers
Spawn
Thunderbolts
Scion
Red Star (Bimonthly)
Midnight Nation
Ultimate Spider-Man/X-Men
Daredevil (Now that Bendis is at the helm)
Flash
Authority

So, it seems we at least read a few title that are similiar. http://www.sffworld.com/ubb/smile.gif

fluffy bunny
January 2nd, 2002, 06:18 AM
jsa
green arrow
ultimate spiderman
superman
captain marvel

[This message has been edited by fluffy bunny (edited January 12, 2002).]

Alucard
January 2nd, 2002, 07:23 AM
My personal favorites are...

Bone-love this one. The layouts for this story are simply fantastic. There are times when he won't use words for as long as four or five pages, and it's completely gripping, just with the artwork (especially the scene where the bones are being chased by rat creaturesduring a thunderstorm at night. Simply amazing).

Lenore-I think this comic is hilarious. It's dark humor, which doesn't sit well with some, but I really dig it. Love the artwork.

The maxx-sam kieth is one of my favorite artists, and this story is simply a mind-bender. My only complaint is that it was a little difficult to follow sometimes, but I still love it.

Blade of the immortal-a manga published by darkhorse. Artwork, beautiful. Story, pretty damn good. Comes in nice little two hundred page graphic novels, which I still collect.

Black and white- another manga, art is influenced by french comics. The story is simply awesome. It's about two boys, one named black, one named white. Black is dark and troubled, gravely serious. White is lighthearted and carefree, but suffers from mental retardation. They terrorize a city called treasure town, which they think of as "theirs". Really great stuff.

saintjon
January 12th, 2002, 05:54 AM
Dude, you guys mentioned manga and so I must mention Akira.

Cauthon
January 13th, 2002, 12:55 AM
Spawn
Earth X
Universe X
Pitt (when it comes)
Divine Right (only 12 or 13 issues but I enjoyed it)
the Creech
Spawn Dark Ages (now ended)
Star Wars Tales

Special mention for Frank Miller and anything he does about Marv. (forgotten all his titles)

Warewolf
January 14th, 2002, 09:00 AM
Cauthon, a few comments on your selections

Spawn - pretty good story and excellent art, but it's just not up there at the top of my list anymore

Earth X/Universe X - both of these titles are now done with, but Paradise X should be out in a few months. Earth was enjoyable, but I thought Universe was a bit too abstract for my taste.

Pitt - the artwork was always good, but when Keown jumped time forward 10 years or whatever for whatever bizarre reason, I thought that was pretty dumb. The writing was always a bit confusing anyway.

Divine Right - whoa, how long ago was this? The artwork was solid in the beginning, but went downhill. The writing was pretty good, but I thought they could have done so much more with the story concept. Wildstorm has gone downhill since Lee sold it to DC.

Creech - the most recent mini was pretty good. I liked the artwork and the writing was pretty good. It even had an intriguing story, despite the fact that I'd forgotten a lot of it from the first mini.

Spawn: Dark Ages - ugh...boooring. After the toy sets came out, I thought it would be pure fantasy, but it ended up being way too historical for my tastes with hardly any fantastical elements in it besides the standard Spawn mythos.

Star Wars Tales - not bad, but I much prefer the ongoing series. That new jedi they've got, Quinlan Vos, kicks @$$ and Vilmar Grakh is hilarious!!!

Cauthon
January 14th, 2002, 11:42 PM
Warewolf
I just shelved the ongoing Star Wars series, the stroy's just have not cut it for me.
Basically all I buy now is Spawn & Pitt.
I have read most of the titles you enjoy, but none of them hook me......I read Spider Man comics until the Maximum Carnage mini series......the endless crossover of all the comics (some of which I did not buy) put me off ol spidey forever.
Daredevil & Punisher have nothing on what they were when they were created. Daredevil has never been the same since they changed from the 1st guy who was Daredevil (I forget his name now)
The last new release comic that grabbed my interest was called Stargodz its art was done on computers and had a very intersting story line but the publishers went bunkrupt after the first or second issue (just my luck)