View Full Version : Asterix

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

lior
November 28th, 2001, 10:41 AM
Calling all Asterix fans!
Any member who loves the funniest comics ever made is welcomed to announce himself.
I am a huge fan of Asterix, Obelix and the gang, been reading them since I was 9 years old (that's 19 years ago), and I only read about ten books altogether(so far).
I just keep reading them over and over again and I never ever get tired of it.

mundanemies
December 2nd, 2001, 11:17 AM
Asterix!
Supreme comic book, one of the funniest comics ever. Coscinny and Uderzo were brilliant together and after the far-too-early departure from this earthly plane by René Uderzo has managed to weave some decent tales, but nothing really to compare the original books. Just magnificent.

There is always a certain point in time at Finnish fandom meetings, partys or gatherings, when Asterix quotation -frenzy begins.
"Minulle kaksi villisikaa." "Minullekin kaksi villisikaa!"
Sorry about that one, but the Finnish translations are a riot!

Duarh
December 3rd, 2001, 12:51 AM
aSTERIX RULEZ http://www.sffworld.com/ubb/smile.gif

Doesn't beat Urotsukidoji or Kenshin, though *g*

Duarh

SusF
December 15th, 2001, 05:28 PM
Love Asterix! I was able to buy a huge pile of them at Gatwick's Duty Free shop and they kept me entertained on the 15 hour plane ride home. I still read through them over and over. I can't get them here, I don't think.

Susan

saintjon
January 18th, 2002, 09:14 AM
I read every issue in the library multiple times. Awesome, awesome book. I always like it when Getafix gets mad.
I vividly remember one book where there was a big battle and there was the funniest picture. It had a cartoonized version of the Roman standard (some fancy looking golden eagle with medals and things hanging off of it) cringing beneath the Gaul's standard, which was essentially an ugly grey boar on a stick!!

[This message has been edited by saintjon (edited January 18, 2002).]

Carmichael
January 24th, 2002, 12:34 PM
I still believe that the Asterix series is and was the best drawn group of comics ever done. The details are incredible. I cannot believe that anybody could work at that level with a brush and ink.

Asterix rocks babee!

Carmichael