PDA

View Full Version : Cancelled Comics?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Keyoke
January 3rd, 2002, 04:56 PM
What comics have you cancelled recently? Or planning on Cancelling? What I mean by this is what comics do you plan not to collect on a regular basis..

Some recent cancellations for me are:

The First - Just to confusing, and I know Bart Sears is leaving this title for a title called "The Path".

Brotherhood (Marvel) - THe title has been cancelled as of issue #9, but, I stopped last month.

Crux - Suffered the same fate as The First, plus, I just found it way to wordy..

Some titles that I am on planning on cancelling..

Out There - I like the title, but, it's nothing grande.. And, I cant keep adding titles.

Universe/Hellbound - Two titles, both good, but, I dont see them going anywhere special, and again, I need to make room for some better titles.

Alucard
January 3rd, 2002, 08:16 PM
All of them. I'm broke.

Warewolf
January 5th, 2002, 02:52 PM
Lessee...

The First, for the same reasons as Keyoke.

Establishment - too confusing, the writing just isn't very clear

Monarchy - even more confusing writing than Establishment...plus, it's being cancelled as of issue 12

Exiles - didn't grab me

Tomb Raider - kinda the same stuff every month and it didn't seem to be going anywhere

Wonder Woman - boooooring!

Titles I might cancel:

Witchblade - doesn't seem to be going anywhere

Crusades - need to cut some stuff and this one just might get the axe...it's moving kinda slow, but is well written. I like Seagle, so I'll probably stick around

Mystic unless it gets some direction

Wolverine...getting kinda tedious, but we'll see

Keyoke
January 5th, 2002, 07:05 PM
Weird, I may be adding Exiles to my list as it looks interesting.. but, I havent read any of the issues.. I grabbed the latest one today, so, we'll see how it goes.

I also cancelled The Establisment.. I mean, it started off quite good, and by the third issue, I was scratching my head..

Keyoke

Old_Wolf
January 9th, 2002, 08:00 PM
My G/F and I just cancelled Xtreme X-Men, and I'm trying to convice her that New X-Men is also worthy of the axe.

She's also considering cancelling SteamPunk, but I want to give it a few issues first.

Uncanny X-Men and X-Men almost got dropped, but an unbroken run since X-Men #1 is hard to give up. http://www.sffworld.com/ubb/smile.gif

About eXiles, I've found it to be one of the more interesting X-titles still out there.

-Old_Wolf

Keyoke
January 9th, 2002, 08:14 PM
Wow.. New X-men? I think that is one of the better titles out there.. I think after all these years, it's breaking new ground for the X-Men comics. http://www.sffworld.com/ubb/smile.gif

X-Treme isnt to bad, but, it isnt anything great either.. nice art, though, at times, the story is just confusing.

Keyoke

Warewolf
January 10th, 2002, 10:29 AM
Old_Wolf,

I don't get it, you said you want to drop New X-Men, but then you say "Uncanny X-Men and X-Men almost got dropped." X-Men became New X-men a few issues ago. So, do you want to drop it or not drop it?

I gave up on Steampunk a long time ago. I want to enjoy reading my comics, not have to sit there confused and trying to figure out what the heck is going on. The writing was just bad...

Old_Wolf
January 10th, 2002, 01:17 PM
I didn't even notice that about the X-men until my G/F pointed it out yesterday.

*Insert my stupid look here*

I just read a few back issues of both New X and regular X and didn't even realize that they had switched. Our comic company was late with a few shipments and glossing over the books didn't help either. My mistake. http://www.sffworld.com/ubb/smile.gif

I don't really think this is new territory for the X-Men. Ubervillan gets into Xavier's head, Scott and Jean are having problems, Wolvie's an ass again. It's all been done and with better art to boot. (When did jean turn into a lumpy old maid?)

Steakpunk is somewhat confusing (issue 1 left my head spinning the first time I read it), but I think it's gotten more interesting.

-Old_Wolf