View Full Version : Favorite comic book artists

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Alucard
March 5th, 2002, 09:30 PM
Mine are Ashley wood, Sam kieth, Dave Mckean, Dave sim (and gehrard), Jeff smith, Roman dirge, and Hiroaki Samura. What are yours?

Warewolf
March 6th, 2002, 05:55 AM
Do they have to still be drawing? A lot of my favorites don't draw much anymore, like Todd McFarlane, Jim Lee, Rob Liefeld, and Joe Quesada. Currently drawing are

Joe Madureira
David Finch
Michael Turner
Marc Silvestri
Bart Sears
Carlos Pacheco
J. Scott Campbell
Bryan Hitch
Alex Ross
Tom Raney

Zsinj16
March 6th, 2002, 01:22 PM
Todd McFarlane, Greg Capullo, and Dave Dorman.
My sister's favorite comic-book artists are Greg Capullo and Todd McFarlane as well.
When I asked her why she liked them she said she did because their illustrations were dark, gritty, and seemed to just splash all the panels with bright colors. I agree with her and that is one of my main reasons why I like them so well too.

saintjon
March 7th, 2002, 05:15 AM
Katsuhiro Otomo. Frank Miller.

Keyoke
March 7th, 2002, 01:08 PM
Sam Keith, Alex Ross, Gene Ha, Joe Q, Gary Frank (From Midnight Nation), Bart Sears, Jim Cheung (I think this guy will go far), and the dude who does Powers (Mike Oening?)

Rob B
March 13th, 2002, 09:44 AM
Joe Queseda
Neal Adams
Todd McFarlane
Pat and Jim Lee
Carlos Ezquera(Sp?) he did a few issue of the Flash
Carmine Infintano

Warewolf-Liefeld? The man who cannot draw fists? I always thought he was WAAAAY overrated. Just my opinion of course.

Alucard
March 13th, 2002, 08:37 PM
"Liefeld? The man who cannot draw fists?"

Hahaha. FF, that's funny, because that's exactly how me and a friend of mine have always reffered to Liefeild. He has some huge guy like Cable drawn with hands the size of a seven year old girl's. To makes matters worse, some of his guns didn't have handles. Now, I'm no expert on this, but if you tried to shoot a gun that didn't have a handle that was just resting on top of your seven-year-old-girl fist, wouldn't it just fly back and hit you in the face?

Rob B
March 14th, 2002, 04:01 AM
Not only that, it would to the already 5,000,000 wrinkles on the angered forehead and pop the vessels on your diminishing wrist and forearm

Warewolf
March 14th, 2002, 07:07 PM
Sorry, I've liked Liefeld since his days on New Mutants and nothing will ever change that. Yes, his proportions aren't always right (okay, almost never http://www.sffworld.com/ubb/smile.gif ) and his storytelling sometimes isn't all that good and his backgrounds are often pretty sparse, but there's just something about the energy conveys that appeals to me...

Keyoke
March 14th, 2002, 07:53 PM
True... it is art after all, which is subjective. While I am not a huge fan of Liedfield. I have no objection to collecting a comic with his art (Not his writing).. I guess my concern with him, and some of the others from Image (POrtacio, Jim Lee, etc) is that they take on projects.. and then they are always late..