PDA

View Full Version : The Path - Cross Gen

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Keyoke
April 8th, 2002, 03:53 PM
Well, two issues of this title has come out, and I am wondering if anyone has read it, and what they thought of it.

Personally, I thought Marz totally got the feel of Ancient Japan. I've studied it a bit here and their, and Ithink he captured it perfectly.. But, the art threw me off. It's not typical Sears style.. And, I dont know if it is cause of the inker, or he is just trying something new.

Never the less, I thought it was a great start to a amazing series.

Keyoke

Warewolf
April 23rd, 2002, 12:15 PM
I'm lovin' it. I do wish that they'd get Andy Smith inking over Sears' pencils, though. They look so much better than with this guy they've got now.

Marz is one of the most underappreciated writers in the business, IMO. Granted, he had some success on GL, but his Crossgen stuff doesn't seem to be getting as much attention (duh, he's not taking a character with 30 years of history and making him go crazy!!! http://www.sffworld.com/ubb/smile.gif ). I think The Path will be one of those sleeper hits that people are going to kick themselves for missing out on.

On a related note, I'm also looking forward to Dixon's Way of the Rat, which takes place on the same world.