PDA

View Full Version : Marvel's Publishing Schedule??

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Keyoke
May 26th, 2002, 10:22 AM
I am not sure if people have heard this, but, Marvel has plans to up their publishing schedules for some of it's titles.

What this mean is that their more successful titles, and flagship titles will be published more often. A example is that Ultimate Spider-Man will now ship every 3 weeks, as oppsed to every 4 weeks..

Their are rumors/hints that Marvel would like to see some of it's titles published on a weekly schedule..

How does this make you feel? I personally think it sucks. This is a great way for Marvel to cause a comic book reader of limited funds to choose between titles. If you love Spidey, well, read it four times a month, but, at the cost of other smaller titles..

Great way for Marvel to push competition away .... And with the title come out that often, it only hurts the readers wallet..

Keyoke

fluffy bunny
May 27th, 2002, 07:08 AM
And that's my prob with comics in general- they cost too much! No wonder they can't get new readers.

Another question arises- if they do go weekly, can they maintain quality?

Only marvel stuff i like at the mo are ult spiderman and the ultimates- the writers will do 3 weekly, but there is no way i can see them keeping to weekly release schedules.

I really dig the sound of a few of the new vertigo titles as well:
Fables (pretty good take on fairy tales so far- judging by issue 1)
Y- the last man- http://www.comicon.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=12&t=000158

Lucifer
100 bullets
The Filth (possibly- grant morrison weird stuff)
Midnight Mass

Marvel's got some good competition there if they do turn our rubbish.