PDA

View Full Version : Name that author! 2 books about an assassin

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

earleymw
October 15th, 2009, 03:35 PM
A while back (6+ years), I read 2 books, I can't remember the author's name or the books names for the life of me. The books were about a guy who lifes in a technology society, playing an assassin in what is either a 'real world' somewhere else, or a 'pretend' world. His adventures are broadcast as a future version of television.

In the pretend world, he's some sort of assassin/gladiator figure. At some point he realizes the megalithic company he works for in the SF world is abusive, etc., and rebels against them somehow.

Anyway--I'm hoping this is ringing bells with someone. I thought the author's name started with a T or a W, but can't positively remember. Help!

Kaellyn
October 16th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Sounds like Heroes Die by Matthew Woodring Stover. May not be it, but your description sounds like it to me. The second book is Blade of Tyshelle.
Hope this helps

B5B7
October 16th, 2009, 10:46 PM
This could be Deathstalker (http://www.amazon.com/Deathstalker-Simon-R-Green/dp/0451454359/ref=cm_lmf_tit_1/190-5042790-0090166) by Simon R. Green, and the character the Masked Gladiator.

Highroller
March 19th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Probably Heros Die like the rest said but also sorta fits Rounded With Sleep though I only know of 1 of those vice 2 books.