PDA

View Full Version : Last vampire, hiding from conquering aliens

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

anotherjennifer
October 29th, 2009, 06:44 AM
This really is better than a description of the plot makes it sound ...

The last vampire on Earth is having an increasingly difficult time hiding from the aliens who have conquered humanity. He's currently working as a college professor (?) and is worried about being able to get a new identity because he's been there long enough his lack of aging is beginning to show.

On impulse he stows away on an alien ship and eventually winds up on the alien home world, where he finds that the aliens are like insects with a hive queen. He is there because she figured out he existed and manipulated circumstances to bring him there. She wants his DNA to make her species stronger and he has to decide whether to cooperate or try to destroy her. He is tempted by what she offers, but eventually kills her and saves humanity.

I remember all that, but I can't remember the title or the author. Sheesh.

livens
October 29th, 2009, 07:49 AM
Maybe Record of a Fallen Vampire? Its a vampire-themed manga illustrated by Yuri Kimura and written by Kyo Shirodaira. Story line follows almost exactly what you wrote.

If thats not it I would say someone was copying someone else... a story like that is too unique to come up twice.

anotherjennifer
October 29th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Interesting, but no. It was a novel, not a manga. I think I read it back in the early 90s, should have mentioned that earlier.

Mostlyharmless
October 30th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Try "The Madness Season" by C.S. Friedman.

anotherjennifer
November 7th, 2009, 08:47 AM
That sounds very similar to what I remember. Thanks!