PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding the title of a book.

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Grinch
November 2nd, 2009, 11:53 AM
Several years ago, 10 years plus. I bought a SF book. I think I read only half the book, and then it went missing. I'll try to come with as much information of what I remember happening in the book.

There is a law passed on earth that says that one can have only 2 or 3 kids maximum. But a family goes ahead and have a extra kid anyway. That kid gets taken away by the government and sent to space for military training.
While on the spaceship a kid irritates the hell out of him, which make him break his arm in some way (cant remember how)
When he reaches space, he starts his training, the training is in special gravity rooms (if I remember correctly).

And I think he had some quarrels with the other kids in space.

Take my words with some grains of salt, as it was 10+ years I read the book

But if you can remember anything of this, and know the title of the book, please enlighten me, as I have bean looking for this book for quit some time.

Best wishes
/Grinch

EDIT: I THINK I remember the cover of the book being black.

mylinar
November 2nd, 2009, 12:16 PM
That sounds a bit like Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. Was there a war on with aliens?

Grinch
November 2nd, 2009, 12:34 PM
Thank you mylinar, you have made my day.

I cant believe I Have missed Orson Scott Card, I have bean meaning to read his books several times, but each time another book has come in the way.