PDA

View Full Version : Can't remember name of this book

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

matiez
November 4th, 2009, 10:00 AM
So, a while back, about 8-10 years, I read this book and I can't remember the name of it. It was set in a post-apocalyptic world. A world where technology use to exist. There were technological deserts, deserts of rust and corrosion. These "robots" became reactivated and began stealing peoples brains. They would chop the top of the head off and take the brain back to this repository to store. Near the end you meet the immortal who has forgotten a lot of information because his brain can only hold so much.

I know this is a rough description of the plot. As said, its been a while since I read it. Has anyone else read it and know what the titile is?

B5B7
December 6th, 2009, 08:42 PM
I am pretty certain that the book you are after is The Pastel City (http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/h/m-john-harrison/pastel-city.htm), which is the first book in the brilliant Viriconium series of M. John Harrison.

matiez
December 8th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Thanks!!! That is the book I was thinking of. Didn't even know it was a series. Gonna have to go out and find them now. Thanks again.